Metra or Scosche Dash Kits???

Mugzy

Connoisseur Extraordinair
Established Member
Scosche- looks better then metra to begin with and i love mine its a great piece but cost dam near $400 with the harness

Same

i have the metra...its a good kit. and dont pay $400...find a shop that will give it to you at cost...dealer cost on that part is $190. if you cant let me know, i can help you with that...

only thing with the metra is the display message is buggy and will not always show up when you start the car. also, the seat warmers do not have a light on the button so you only know its on when your ass heats up.

I thought the Metra kit was something that looked like it belonged on my 1989 Firebird.

The Scosche looks like it could've come from the factory. Here's mine. I'm going to add a double din with Nav as soon as I can find something with the sound quality of my CDA-117 that doesn't cost over $1k.

Snake40

Established Member
I think your pretty much staying stock to keep sync .....what is it you use it for? Most nicer stereos have blue tooth now for talking and streaming music

I can live without it but I just got the car and would rather keep all the functions as it was built. The sync seems to work better than my high end Alpine with bluetooth in my F150.
I think I'll look into something like the JL clean sweep etc.
Thanks, Mike

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
when i contacted crutchfeild i was told they offerd a sync mod that allowed you to keep it. . .i dont see how but none the less

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
You use a Metra FRST harness to keep the Sync... Thats what I did with 2013 Boss---

Used the Scosche Touchscreen, Metra FRST harness setup. I use sync to talk on the phone, and BT audio through the head unit for music...

You will spend almost 180 on the harness, but it was easy after that....

Snake40

Established Member
You use a Metra FRST harness to keep the Sync... Thats what I did with 2013 Boss---

Used the Scosche Touchscreen, Metra FRST harness setup. I use sync to talk on the phone, and BT audio through the head unit for music...

You will spend almost 180 on the harness, but it was easy after that....

Overall are you satisfied with the quality of the Scosche AND the Metra FRST harnesss? Did you loose any functionality of sync?
Thanks, Mike

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
Overall, yes... No lost functionality with sync at all, it responds to everything just has it always has except for audio controls(actually, i never tried to make it control the radio with voice, something to test I guess). The steering wheel works as factory, and sync works as it did prior.

I really wish they would make a tablet or touchscreen interface so the screen could be up top like a factory electronica package car, but otherwise, I'm happy.,

Kyle109

What Radio

whats a good radio to use with one of these. Clean and sleek. Also i have a 2014 so the AUX is in the console. Anyone know if that will still work?
thanks

Kyle109

Any good touchscreen radio to use? something big a sleek? Also i have the 2014 so the AUX is in the console. can i still use that?

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
Pioneer Avic series and the kenwood are the two most popular Kyle.

They both have USB ports that I run to the console, but it doesn't reuse fords USB, although if you are crafty enough, it could be done

Users who are viewing this thread