methanol wet injection

mers1083

Established Member
is there anyone here using this?
If so what do you think?

NewFoundPower

04 Snake Charmer
Established Member
Yes, my neighbor is using the Snow Performance kit. I must say for $300 it is well worth the money. With the kit, the dynoed at an extra 30rwhp and his intake temps are around 85 degrees!!!

-D-

YGETV8

Established Member
Aha! Finally... someone who has seen one at work! There has been much discussion on this: do a search on "alky" or "alky injection" or "water injection" for more discussion on the subject. I am gathering the parts for a DIY kit over winter. Always had great success on my Turbo Buicks with it.

Anyway, NewFoundPower: what all did your neighbor do? Just bolt on the kit and gain 30 hp? Did he add more timing or boost? Thanks,

NewFoundPower

04 Snake Charmer
Established Member
Nope, the cooler actually sits in his trunk and he has a line that runs up to his engine. You can have it calibrated for different settings, for example, his is programmed to "spray" when he hits ~3200 rpms. Yes, it was 30 hp from the get go. His car puts down 600rwhp without the methanol and he says that the injector is one of the bewst things he has purchased.

-D-

Power Trip

Established Member
Nope, the cooler actually sits in his trunk and he has a line that runs up to his engine. You can have it calibrated for different settings, for example, his is programmed to "spray" when he hits ~3200 rpms. Yes, it was 30 hp from the get go. His car puts down 600rwhp without the methanol and he says that the injector is one of the bewst things he has purchased.

I dont see how you would make more power just sticking the meth injection on. You should actually make less power, but it will richen up the a/f a bit, and cool the intake temps, allowing you to run a bit more timing and boost, therefore making more power in the end.

NewFoundPower

04 Snake Charmer
Established Member
Power Trip said:
I dont see how you would make more power just sticking the meth injection on. You should actually make less power, but it will richen up the a/f a bit, and cool the intake temps, allowing you to run a bit more timing and boost, therefore making more power in the end.

Maybe I can answer your question with one of my own. Does you car run better when it is 60 degrees outside or when it is 90? Basically the methanol injection is just cooling the engine down allowing it to make more hp. Similar to an aftercooler expect this one sprays methanol into the engine.

-D-

Users who are viewing this thread