Meth Injection ?

Acobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
Anyone using methonal injection on there cobra ?
I just picked up a Snow performance Stage 3 kit and debating on using it or not ? I was thinking of using it to keep the IAT's down.
Any input would be great......

GodStang

Established Member
Search!! Does not work that well preblower since the air just gets reheated once it goes through the blower. Works on centri and turbos since it is easy to run meth post blower/turbo.

Acobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
I was going to plum it into the lower intake........I've heard that works well.
Because it is down streem. After the blower...

2004silvercobra

Established Member
I use it and have it more for the increase in octane and to be able to pull a little more power out of the car... No matter where you put it, its gonna cool the air down some. It's like running race gas at a fraction of the price 104 is $10 a gallon and straight methanol is $40 for 5 gallon and will last a year

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Search!! Does not work that well preblower since the air just gets reheated once it goes through the blower. Works on centri and turbos since it is easy to run meth post blower/turbo.

This.

I've watched threads on it for close to 4 years and my car will still be without it.

Nitrous at the dragstrip doesn't even lower IAT2 temperatures.

Maybe and I say maybe post blower in the lower intake but even that hasn't been proven.

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
Its iffy man. Ive seen guys gain a little power. I have a snow kit on my cobra and i actually lost about 40rwhp after spraying. Nobodys really sure why. It definetly helps with the IAT temps. During a 2nd, 3rd gear pull my temps would be like 110 then when i sprayed the meth they would drop to about 50 during the pull. Also when it was tuned it held 24-25 degrees timing no problem just didnt gain anything? Mine is installed before the tb. If you do install it in the lower id get a dual nozzle setup and put one in the front one in the rear so its more even.

novi2000

Established Member
On my compound boost setup I have logs that show IAT2 temps go from 110 Deg to 70 Deg with a dual nozzle Alky control 100% meth kit. I see the main benefit of meth injection is being able to run higher boost on pump gas.

Acobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks guys for the input....I know I will need a re tune as well because it will richen up.

Users who are viewing this thread