Metco Double Bearing Idlers Question

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Hey guys,

Just ordered and received my 5 piece metco idler puller kit and have a question about the pulley sizes.

I got mine off of latemodel restoration and it came with (3)-100mm and (1)-90mm pulleys.

Should I have gotten the (3)-90 and (1)-100 pulleys instead? Car is stock but I want to pulley it and put a whipple on it later. That's why I bought the stronger pulleys.

Did I order the correct sizes? Thanks

UnrealSVT

Established Member
yes the same I run, doesn't matter really, just run a 100mm next to the blower.
Ah okay cool. I received them in the mail and after reading up on how many people have 90s vs the 100s I got worried I may have ordered the wrong ones. These will work with a whipple too?

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
That set will work fine with any supercharger. As RI-SVT said, you just want to use one of the 100mm ones next to the supercharger snout. That will allow a little bit of extra belt surface area on the supercharger pulley. As far as I know any combo of the 90 and 100mm will work, as long as you have the proper belt size to fit it.

The main thing about the aftermarket kit is just getting a heavy duty pulley that won't explode like the stock ones after extended use and abuse.

You may also need to use a 90mm one down next to the crank if you have a +X lb crank pulley. I had to use a 90mm with the +6lb one.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
That set will work fine with any supercharger. As RI-SVT said, you just want to use one of the 100mm ones next to the supercharger snout. That will allow a little bit of extra belt surface area on the supercharger pulley. As far as I know any combo of the 90 and 100mm will work, as long as you have the proper belt size to fit it.

The main thing about the aftermarket kit is just getting a heavy duty pulley that won't explode like the stock ones after extended use and abuse.

You may also need to use a 90mm one down next to the crank if you have a +X lb crank pulley. I had to use a 90mm with the +6lb one.
Ah okay, yea man just making sure I shouldn't return these and get 3 90s and 1 100. For $400+ I wanna do it right the first time!

Users who are viewing this thread