Merry Christmas to me!!!

matt5058

Established Member
Black 2014 owner here as well. Congrats

I'm a little jealous of the track apps and leather seats

matt5058

Established Member
Barton? Hmmmmm.... I think I'm just gonna get the blowfish bracket. My wife dislikes short throws

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I had the Barton for about a year. My wife also wasn't a big fan and it took a surprising amount of effort to put it in reverse, even after months and months. After driving a 1 series BMW around Portugal for a week, when I got back the notchiness/shortness of my Barton started bugging me. I reinstalled the stock shifter, kept the Barton bracket, and recently added a Raceseng weighted shift knob. I'm still interested in potentially trying out the Blowfish bracket and the Steeda shifter but for now, the weighted knob really seems to make the car move into gear easier.
IMG-2505.JPG

FJohnny

Established Member
Check out the Energy Suspension trans mount and shifter bushing combo online. Replaces the soft foam rear shifter bushing with harder urethane. Trans bushing takes out torque movement in trans. Not as rigid as Blowfish but really tightens things up. No shift knob movement when you hit the gas like before. Easy to install.

Under 50 bucks and goes on sale at various sellers regularly. Worked well for me, unfortunately. Really wanted to 'need' an MGW.

jgt58

Established Member
From 100
Congrats! Definitely a nice upgrade from your '96 Cobra. How old are the brake pads that came on the car? I like Norm's idea of replacing the pads for better performance. Unless you're going to be road racing, that option might be enough.

When you say "high speeds", what are we talking? 65? 75? 90? 125+?

jgt58

Established Member
Would you all be really upset when I told you I picked it up for 17k at a dealership. They were hurting for a sale. Carfax was 1 owner clean Carfax. Plenty of dealer history service records as well....

FJohnny

Established Member
Very nice and clean.

Good first mods to ease your way into addiction. Most experts would agree +8 rwtq and approximately +10 - 12 rwhp.

Enjoy the ride.

jgt58

Established Member
Oh buddy I'm 40. I've had a mustang in my life all my life. I know the modded life. I'm not out to do that. Do want the cdc side scoops and a Ford billett black mustang fuel door.
Very nice and clean.

Good first mods to ease your way into addiction. Most experts would agree +8 rwtq and approximately +10 - 12 rwhp.

Enjoy the ride.

SVT Rob

Established Member
Very nice!! You can have a lot of fun, stock! :p My black 2012 GT went 12.59 @ 115 with an axle back and tune. It did have the factory Brembo's, though, and I just did a Hawk pad upgrade on them, it stopped insanely well.

As far as lowering it goes, I've got Steeda ultra lite's on my 2013, it sits great for a daily driver. Let's not talk about how loud it is, though. I'm in my mid-40's, and I enjoy it, but I have a buddy of mine that's younger (30-ish, I think), and he said he couldn't daily drive it with as loud as it is.

Attachments

• 2019-09-25 (2).jpg
    2019-09-25 (2).jpg
    873.9 KB · Views: 169

jgt58

Established Member
I'm running a roush axlebacks and it's louder than my off-road x flowmastered cobra ever thought about being!
Very nice!! You can have a lot of fun, stock! My black 2012 GT went 12.59 @ 115 with an axle back and tune. It did have the factory Brembo's, though, and I just did a Hawk pad upgrade on them, it stopped insanely well.

As far as lowering it goes, I've got Steeda ultra lite's on my 2013, it sits great for a daily driver. Let's not talk about how loud it is, though. I'm in my mid-40's, and I enjoy it, but I have a buddy of mine that's younger (30-ish, I think), and he said he couldn't daily drive it with as loud as it is.

SVT Rob

Established Member
I'm running a roush axlebacks and it's louder than my off-road x flowmastered cobra ever thought about being!

Yea, my 2012 had the Roush mufflers and otherwise stock exhaust, and it was decently loud. My 2013 has ARH longtubes, off-road x-pipe, and MBRP cat-back. It's stupid loud. My neighborhood knows my car, not necessarily me :D

jgt58

Established Member
Well I went full on with the car. Ordered a 2018 GT intake , ngauge with custom tune , 15 GT brake upgrade. Updates coming soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread