Melling 10227 Billet Oil Pump

Tractionless1

Established Member
Retails in the $400 range. I'll take $300 shipped and PP'd.

I purchased used with less than 9k miles on it from a running motor. There's no debris to be found. Selling car and won't be needing. Check my feedback here as well as username Tractionless on Ebay.

Melling1.JPGMelling.JPG

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

Tractionless1

Established Member
Oh lord guess the buyer wants to make himself look foolish, so I'll cut right to the chase.

I bought used from a 9k mile running motor and put on a shelf just as you see it here, never opened it up. Buyer never asked for additional pics of anything nor to check internal gear condition before paying or else I would have obliged for him.

Once he received it he sends me pics of galled gears. IMO, they can be anyone's gears, maybe even those out of the blown motor he is building to put this on, who knows. With that in mind I offered him $150 refund and to keep the pump. Instead he opened a paypal claim for the full amount. Typical of today's society in not taking even half the blame for your own shortcomings.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
Oh lord guess the buyer wants to make himself look foolish, so I'll cut right to the chase.

I bought used from a 9k mile running motor and put on a shelf just as you see it here, never opened it up. Buyer never asked for additional pics of anything nor to check internal gear condition before paying or else I would have obliged for him.

Once he received it he sends me pics of galled gears. IMO, they can be anyone's gears, maybe even those out of the blown motor he is building to put this on, who knows. With that in mind I offered him $150 refund and to keep the pump. Instead he opened a paypal claim for the full amount. Typical of today's society in not taking even half the blame for your own shortcomings.

Why don't you explain HIS shortcomings?

Was he supposed to ask if the pump was useless in its current condition? That's the only way he could have saved himself from you selling a scrapped part. Nobody expects to buy any used part that isn't fully serviceable, unless otherwise stated from the seller. You didn't. By saying his shortcomings are not asking you to dissect the part for inspection, you're basically suggesting that nobody should trust the crap you sell.

Users who are viewing this thread