Meh, why the hell not

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
1st Allocation @MSRP and $0 deposit. Why not.

69e1yd.jpg

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry man, but the order banks aren't open. That's just a pre-order you got there. It's not a real order until you get a VIN...

For real though. Nice! I thought you said you were going Magnetic?

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
Sorry man, but the order banks aren't open. That's just a pre-order you got there. It's not a real order until you get a VIN...

For real though. Nice! I thought you said you were going Magnetic?

I was on the fence for Magnetic, but decided Blue last night just to be different. I would have gone Avalanche if it was still available, and although I like the Ruby Red, the late availability was a no-go for me.

Quote from the dealer: "The 2018 Raptors will not be scheduled for build until August, but they are going ahead and letting us put orders in. I have been allocated 3 for this order, and yours will be one of them. Once we get the schedule date, and VIN we can send that over to you."

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I was on the fence for Magnetic, but decided Blue last night just to be different. I would have gone Avalanche if it was still available, and although I like the Ruby Red, the late availability was a no-go for me.

Quote from the dealer: "The 2018 Raptors will not be scheduled for build until August, but they are going ahead and letting us put orders in. I have been allocated 3 for this order, and yours will be one of them. Once we get the schedule date, and VIN we can send that over to you."
Have you seen the LB in person? I actually wasn't a huge fan in person. The Magnetic was awesome. It's probably the only color that the flares, bumper, etc being color matched look good IMHO.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member

Is Lead Foot much different than Avalanche?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are you going to have the dealer trade out the powerplants?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't see that option on the list :D

My wife's 3.5 in her Explorer Sport is growing on me. I might miss the V8 rumble more than anything.

The 3.5L in the Explorer is nice. The 3.5L in the Raptor is even sweeter.
Unless your Gen 1 was supercharged, you'll quickly get over the sound as the truck moves out.

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
Another email from the dealer:

"I sent her your build yesterday to approve the allocation with Ford. Yours will get approved and be one of the first ones we get. Now, it wont get built until August so we are still a few months out from it hitting our lot."

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
gotta say, we've got a gen 2 here for R & D, and its nice as ****. That transmission is just killer.
What are you guys doing?
Another email from the dealer:

"I sent her your build yesterday to approve the allocation with Ford. Yours will get approved and be one of the first ones we get. Now, it wont get built until August so we are still a few months out from it hitting our lot."
That's a pretty bold statement from the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread