Meh, why the hell not

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Question....did you and the dealer agree to a trade in value (minus additional mileage and assuming same condition) for the '12 at the time you ordered the '18 or when you picked it up? I'm afraid of getting hosed on my trade if they are dangling the new truck over my head.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Question....did you and the dealer agree to a trade in value (minus additional mileage and assuming same condition) for the '12 at the time you ordered the '18 or when you picked it up? I'm afraid of getting hosed on my trade if they are dangling the new truck over my head.

Yes, we agreed on a 'future' trade value of what my Raptor would be worth when the new one arrived. They determined the future value the day I placed the order.

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
Couple new pics with the Addictive Desert Designs Stealth R bumper.

Just need to find a 40" LED bar that's not crazy over priced.

Attachments

• Blue Front.jpg
    Blue Front.jpg
    972.3 KB · Views: 355
  • Blue Side.jpg
    Blue Side.jpg
    736.5 KB · Views: 322

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
Well, 2.5 years later, this truck is about out the door. Nothing but problems with this engine.

I'll summarize:

First - timing belt tensioner. It was gone nearly a month while this issue was resolved. Happened around 14,000 miles or so.

Second - charging system fault. Cable from the alternator to the fuse box worked itself loose on a trip from Texas to Arkansas. Bad timing.

Third - wrench icon when driving down the highway. Went into limp mode. Replaced throttle body, air speed sensor and turbo boost sensor. Happened around 22,000 miles.

Fourth - APIM went bad. Touchscreen stopped working, blue tooth stopped working, steering wheel radio controls stopped working. Took about 3 days to fix. Happened around 26,000 miles.

Fifth - Check engine light. Crankcase pressure sensor had to be replaced. Happened at 34,500 miles.

Sixth - Engine rattle on startup, again. Dealer confirmed it's the timing belt tensioner again. This started at 39,200 miles.

I have an F250 Tremor with the 7.3L engine, 4.30 gears and the Ultimate and Sport packages on order, due to arrive on 3/27.

As much as I like the looks and design of the Raptor, I'll never own an Ecoboost engine ever again after this experience.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Man, that is a laundry list of stuff.
Hopefully the new beast treats you better. Can't wait to see photos of that bad boy.

Users who are viewing this thread