Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

Helomech74

Established Member
Nice. I've been back from deployment for almost a month and heading back over again in a couple days. Managed to get my car back on the dyno with a new blower (F1C-94), made a little more power, but managed to damage the motor in the process, so back to the drawing board. Looks like all the blower stuff is coming off and will be doing a turbo setup with a 6R80 swap. Just need to decide all the specifics. Good times.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Very nice, who did the beadlock on the Welds?
Looks ready to rock.
-J
They are Champion Beadlocks :)
Nice. I've been back from deployment for almost a month and heading back over again in a couple days. Managed to get my car back on the dyno with a new blower (F1C-94), made a little more power, but managed to damage the motor in the process, so back to the drawing board. Looks like all the blower stuff is coming off and will be doing a turbo setup with a 6R80 swap. Just need to decide all the specifics. Good times.

Damn man I'm sorry that really sucks to hear :(. Did you ever get a stand alone in there? I really feel like the stock ECU's are so outdated that it's simply not worth it anymore.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Did you ever get a stand alone in there? I really feel like the stock ECU's are so outdated that it's simply not worth it anymore.

This is one big regret from when I "finished" my build. I wish I had went to a stand-alone and smart-coils rather than use the stock ECU. But at the time everything was kind of in its infancy. If I had the cash laying around I would put a Dominator on my car in an instant.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea man for real. I'm glad that I just added it to the list for my build. 8k is cheaper than 20k for a new engine depending on what all it takes out.

Helomech74

Established Member
I decided to go with Pro-M EFI. It's probably the only true plug and play system on the market and can be run as either a MAF or speed density setup. My issue was pushing the limit of the block once again, so I can't blame anyone but myself. The tuning with the Pro-M is easy as can be and I had the car up and running within 30 minutes of finishing the install. The fact that it comes with a brand new OEM style harness to tie everything together was a big selling point for me. I'm running it with their LS coil setup, no issues at all.

This is the 2nd Modular Boss block that I've cracked, so I'm not sure if it's my fault or a casting issue, but it cracked in the same place as before.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I decided to go with Pro-M EFI. It's probably the only true plug and play system on the market and can be run as either a MAF or speed density setup. My issue was pushing the limit of the block once again, so I can't blame anyone but myself. The tuning with the Pro-M is easy as can be and I had the car up and running within 30 minutes of finishing the install. The fact that it comes with a brand new OEM style harness to tie everything together was a big selling point for me. I'm running it with their LS coil setup, no issues at all.

This is the 2nd Modular Boss block that I've cracked, so I'm not sure if it's my fault or a casting issue, but it cracked in the same place as before.
Damn dude, Have you thought about a Teksid block now?? Lose that displacement but I've never heard of a Teksid block cracking..

Helomech74

Established Member
Damn dude, Have you thought about a Teksid block now?? Lose that displacement but I've never heard of a Teksid block cracking..

The plan is a sleeved 5.4 aluminum block. I'll be ordering all the parts needed over this next deployment and get it all put together when I get home again.

Stanger00

Established Member
Welcome back home.

Big change to its look. Now it's really going to go fast with the 6 speed!

75a7d4c82f90f250a52b27cb38342046.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The plan is a sleeved 5.4 aluminum block. I'll be ordering all the parts needed over this next deployment and get it all put together when I get home again.

Oh boy. That's going to be intense lol.

Welcome back home.

Big change to its look. Now it's really going to go fast with the 6 speed!

View attachment 1524119

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea it should go well into the 9's with the 6spd now :)

68gtscode

Established Member
Chris, the car looks awesome with the Welds. I don’t get on here too much so I just watched your videos from the track day- car sounds amazing! Let us know how the TNT does, and say hi to Drew and guys over there.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Chris, the car looks awesome with the Welds. I don’t get on here too much so I just watched your videos from the track day- car sounds amazing! Let us know how the TNT does, and say hi to Drew and guys over there.

Thanks brotha, it's good to hear from you! Drew won't be there. He's on vacation if you can believe that lol!! But I'll let him know. I might not be around Cali much longer as I'm due to transfer :)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Jt is pretty much sold. No I had 1300s and was out of injector at 860rwhp with a base pressure at 50. I’m now running 1700s

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No not a billet ysi. Just a reg ysi. To good of a deal to pass up. The ysi is upgradable though unlike the jt.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Jt is pretty much sold. No I had 1300s and was out of injector at 860rwhp with a base pressure at 50. I’m now running 1700s
Wow out of injector with the 1300s lol.... Must be the e85

Who built the motor your running?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread