Measure distance between MAC longtubes

starnsey

Established Member
Can someone with MAC long tube headers measure the distance between the two collectors? Whether from center-to-center or nearest side-to-nearest side, either will do just please specify. I need to verify that the distance on mine is correct as I'm having some troubles with mid-pipe fitment.

Thanks!

TRBO VNM

I have had the mid pipe be off a bit. Nothing a pry bar can't help fit. usually get one side loosely bolted to the collector and then the other side pry it. PITA, but works fine. Have had this happen multiple times.

starnsey

Established Member
I have had the mid pipe be off a bit. Nothing a pry bar can't help fit. usually get one side loosely bolted to the collector and then the other side pry it. PITA, but works fine. Have had this happen multiple times.

My problem is that a couple years ago I bought a used catted x-pipe that was supposedly the Lethal Performance mid-pipe for MAC LT's but the collector side of the mid pipe was waaaaaay off. Had an exhaust shop slightly bend the collector side (of the mid-pipe) together some to roughly the right dimension, but now (well always, it's just that since I had the car disassembled I've taken a better look at it) the flanges don't completely seal since they're at a slightly off angle. Unfortunately, there are no part numbers or stampings on either the mid pipe or long tubes. However, the cats on the midpipe definitely look different than what's shown on Lethal's website so it's very well possible the midpipe isn't actually made for MAC LT's.

Users who are viewing this thread