Me Vs Gsxr?

venomboysvt

Established Member
Was cruising back from Richmond on 95 and this yellow GSXR was cruising in front of me. He had on a bike club vest and fat rear tire, looks really nice. I figured why not, I'm bored on that ride, so I dropped it to 3rd and hit it, he followed. I saw that he tucked low on the bike and downshifted we go at it. I hit it when he was about a car link behind, and go till about 140 and he just never passed me. I don't know if he was just sandbagging or what, it was a 600 I think . Either way I had fun and a lot of thumbs up from the other cars. Seems like I get that a lot of thumbs up for cruising the cobra here.

Draiter

Established Member
Nice. Had to be a 600. I've got an 07 1000, and there are very, very, very few cars that will hang with it. You need upwards of 900 rwhp to beat a litre bike.

Great kill nonetheless

venomboysvt

Established Member
Yeah man, not other explanation other that a 600. He did give me a evil eye after wards, so I think he was trying. too much fun, haven't done that in a bit.

Draiter

Established Member
I love it when people on 600s roll up on me when I'm in the car and rev the crap out of the bike.... the shock they get when they can't catch or pass me is priceless

MG0h3

Established Member
Good job man

I rode my buddies zx6r once. Felt like a moped compared to my 10r.

Still a good kill. Any rice rocket is quick

derricksmustang

Established Member
Good kill, I would say its all rider and 900hp to get around a 1000cc bike I would say no for the most part im a big guy and me on my ZX10 went 10.2 take away its launch and pretty even with like a 600hp car. I was out a couple week ago on street tires and bolt ons and beat a 600 by a few cars his friend with a cbr1000 beat me by a car all in the rider!!

Rios302

Established Member
I have had a few races against bikes not too long ago. The first one was kind of fun. It was 3 bikes, an 06 zx6r (636) and two 650 sport bikes. They were all cruising north on a big 3 lane street. We all come to a stop and they immediately start revving the crap out of their engines and asked me to race them. I told them there is no point, my car is not going to beat a 600 bike. I then see two of them are 650s and I was like what the hell let me give them a fun run. I also noticed a 2010 or camaro v6 and a Challenger RT in the other two lanes which appear to have been messing with the bikes prior to coming to the stop. Everyone is revving their engines, including the two cars. So the light turns green and I get a bit of a jump on all the bikes. The 650s are neck and neck but they start to fall behind as soon as I hit 3rd gear. That's when the 636 caught up and slow down to my speed so that I could hear the screaming engine about 2 feet from my ear, he then takes off. I look at my rear view mirror and both the RT and the Camaro V6 were simply lost in the dust way behind.

Rios302

Established Member
Good job man

I rode my buddies zx6r once. Felt like a moped compared to my 10r.

What are you running at the strip? I have taken a few liter bikes at the strip, mainly do to the rider. I know a proper rider should run low 10s to high 9s out of a stock liter bike. I run 10.4-10-6 at 125 plus MPH on a slightly modified 07 ZX6R. A 600 cc bike needs to be revved the crap out to get any performance out of them but once they get going they can be seriously fast no doubt. I do agree they feel slow compared to liter bikes mainly do to the lack of torque and power below 8k but once you are past that you are moving. The main reason I still have my 07 ZX6r instead of a liter bike has more to do with the fact that I have a long history with my ninja and I just can't get rid of it. My next bike will probably be a sportster like the harley 48 for example those are nice bikes to cruise and still have descent power out of them. I however will never get rid of my previous ZX6r. I get picked by liter bikes sometimes asking why I don't have a liter bike once they see me riding they then kept their mouths shout. When it comes to bikes its all about how good of a rider you are and I feel I am my best in a .600 IMG_3409.PNG

Attachments

• May_Days.PNG
    May_Days.PNG
    86.1 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

HandBanana

Established Member
Nice. Had to be a 600. I've got an 07 1000, and there are very, very, very few cars that will hang with it. You need upwards of 900 rwhp to beat a litre bike.

Great kill nonetheless

Disagree. Depends on the weight of the car. I've seen liter bikes get walked quite a lot in the last few years with the GT-Rs and big turbo cars running around these days. I've been in an EG hatch with just over 500whp and we walked more than a couple cars on an 06 Gixxer 1000. I'm not unfamiliar with bikes either, I've had several including a Kawi ZX10.

You should know the limits of a 600 OP if you have an R6. Love those Ravens btw. Nice kill. I've had similar runs with 600s, they don't have a lot of juice after 100. So fun to ride though!

HandBanana

Established Member
Good job man

I rode my buddies zx6r once. Felt like a corner carving scalpel compared to my 10r.

Fixed. Sorry dude, but a moped? No. Most dudes on liter bikes got rocked by 600s on the track, my ZX10 felt like a pig on the track to me. I've passed more than my fair share at Summit in WV on a freaking SV 650. :poke:

venomboysvt

Established Member
It was just really cool, I didn't think about it , I never see any decent cars coming out of Richmond on the 95, so id figure why not play a bit. I didn't think I had a chance, but hey not a one. I really needed a good run, I haven't done it in awhile. Got my adrenaline fix.

Users who are viewing this thread