McNew's Automotive Dillburg PA. Yeh or Ney?

Spade

Established Member
Just got the Steggy stage IV I will be getting my car tuned shortly and need a good place to go. Right now the car has a Diablo Chip but I'm considering a handheld. I live in the Northumberland County PA and that's approx an hour and half north of Harrisburg and would consider driving 2-2.5 hours for a good tune and service. Has anyone heard of McNew's Automotive, Dillsburg and if so how do they compare to other shops?

With the chip can the shop burn it run the car on a dyno or on the street and get a reading on A/F, injector duty cycle, boost, etc. and if it's off can they reburn the chip right there and rerun the car? If they can would the cost be through the roof for the burn and the runs? Thanks.

BTW, I did search.

Spade

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Don't know about McNews, but Kaufmans' Automotive is in Dillsburg and they're one of the best 03/04 tuners around. Have a dyno and a full service shop. But, they do SCT chips or hand-helds. Can log all parameters and reasonably priced.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Yep, Kauffmans is your place to go for SCT. 717-502-8880. As far as I know, McNew's is NOT a custom Tuner. They get canned tunes emailed to them from the chip distributor. Trust me, Kauffmans is the way to go. Ask for Dave. He knows plenty of us in the MACA.

If you want to stay with Diablo, you'll need to go to JLP, Johnny Lightning Performance. 717-786-7670. One of the top Diablo tuners in the country. He's in New Providence, PA. Just south of Lancaster about 15 minutes on Rte. 222. He, too, knows many of us in the MACA.

You WON'T be sorry with either tuner. The BEST at what they do.

J.R.

Last edited:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Spade said:
Thanks. Just ordered my SCT 2 today.

Spade

Kauffmans sells them, and will custom dyno tune it. You'll probably get a better overall deal if purchased through them. A whole package. Dave is very fair.

Spade

Established Member
Bought the SCT 2 off of Jay from JLT Performance this afternoon for 380.00 shipped. He was pretty cool. Thanks again for all your help guys. I'll be giving Kauffmans a call hear soon.

One more question, do you think I will get a better tune with the handheld over the chip? Just a little nervous. Never had a car with this much involvemnt.

Spade

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Spade said:
Bought the SCT 2 off of Jay from JLT Performance this afternoon for 380.00 shipped. He was pretty cool. Thanks again for all your help guys. I'll be giving Kauffmans a call hear soon.

One more question, do you think I will get a better tune with the handheld over the chip? Just a little nervous. Never had a car with this much involvemnt.

Spade

Same difference. The handheld has more features, as in datalogging, and end user adjustability,( you ).

Users who are viewing this thread