Mcleod vs spec

noldevin

Established Member
Those are two very different clutches.
I have not heard any good experiences with the street extreme, most go with the RST or RXT.
The Spec 2+ is more comparable to the Street extreme and will have better drivability than the 3+.

Of course, it would be better to tell us what you're working with and what your goals are so we can recommend the best options for you.

joshdj13

Established Member
It will be on a daily driven whipple car (650-700 whp range) with 1-2 trips to the strip a year. Whipple is getting installed in the next couple of weeks and wanted to do the clutch before hand.

Beefcake recommended the street extreme but I've heard of a few people who had issues with them. Havent heard much about spec. I also dont want a twin disc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

KG145.0

Established Member
I've been running a RST on my whipple car and I really like it... Drives nice.. You do get some extra noise though

clinton2003

Established Member
I've been running a RST on my whipple car and I really like it... Drives nice.. You do get some extra noise though
the noise is going to be from the unspring hub.

the RST is an ok cluch for the mt82, but will not do it favors being an unsprung hub... i had an RXT on my car. It doesnt slip like the rst does. With the power level i was at (stock motor 825 uncorrected wheel) i broke a couple mt82's with it. (Even a Calimer stage 2)

I wish they would do the same thing for the 5.0 as they did for the shelby's. the new RXT 1200 for the shelby's has a sprung hub... which would make it the best clutch... but unfortunately it doesnt look like they do...

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Have you had the mt82 built? At that power level it wont be long before it breaks no matter what clutch you use.

joshdj13

Established Member
No my mt82 hasnt been built. But then again at almost 90k hard/beat on miles on the trans its held up just fine. Heres a list of tq specs for rhe different spec clutches. I think the 2+ will do just fine for what my setup should make.

joshdj13

Established Member
Spec stages
Screenshot_20180819-195754.jpeg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
No my mt82 hasnt been built. But then again at almost 90k hard/beat on miles on the trans its held up just fine. Heres a list of tq specs for rhe different spec clutches. I think the 2+ will do just fine for what my setup should make.

Sounds like you got your answer.

joshdj13

Established Member
Yeah, I hadnt realised their was a 2+ till it was mention earlier in the thread. After reading about it team beefcake is one of the only vendors that even offers it on their websites. Anyways I will see about posting up my opinion of the clutch in the next few weeks hopefully. Thanks guys

Gruca

Established Member
I have the street extreme on my car. It makes 850rwhp and 700ftlbs. When stopped, it can be a pain to get in first or reverse without going to third first. While driving, it’s perfect and holds great. The first/reverse issue is enough for me to not buy it again though. If I had 2 grand I’d go Mantic, but I don’t...

Users who are viewing this thread