McLeod twin disc RST 26 spline clutch

nooner

Established Member
This clutch only has 300 miles on it and it has not seen boost yet. Its not even broken in yet, but has butter smooth engagement and light pedal pressure. Get the best. Lethal Performance is selling this clutch for $699.95. I'm asking $475 plus shipping.

Mcleod 99-04 Mustang RST Street Twin Disc Clutch Kit (26 Spline)

Intended for the high horsepower street fan, the RST Street Twin clutch kit is an economically priced twin disc clutch that does not include a flywheel(re-use your existing one). Able to handle 800HP, this clutch kit can handle almost any horse-power you can throw at it and still remain street driveable. Organic lined clutch discs will provide smooth engagement with a soft pedal effort to make this clutch kit ideal for the street performance enthusiast.

Features:
-Handles up to 800HP
-Supplied with alignment tool
-Lighter than stock pedal feel
-Bolts to stock factory flat flywheels
-Easy Installation
-Organic facing for smooth & even engagement
-Smooth engagement with excellent release qualities
-Low Rotating Mass (moment of inertia) for quick revs
-Includes CNC machined and anodized flywheel adapter ring
-Blanchard ground floater with multiple straps to reduce noise for streetability

Note-Fits 99-04 Mustangs with TR-3650, and T-56 Transmissions.

**NOT RECOMMENDED FOR DRAG RACING USE!**

Click for full size pic

So why am I selling it? When I installed it I never intended to push any more than 550 rwhp. Shortly after having it installed I took my car in to get the oil changed but they forgot to add oil so wasted my engine. Now the engine I am having built will be around 800 crank hp. I've been told the RST should be ok as long as I don't race it at this power level, but I'll feel better with an RXT. Cost to upgrade to the RXT is almost as much as getting a new RST, and it would waste perfectly good RST clutch plates. So I figure it would be more cost effective to buy a new RXT and sell my RST that only has 300 miles on it. We both win! :rockon:

Last edited:

nooner

Established Member
for 10.5 or 11" flywheel?
why not for drag racing?

11" clutch. Why not for drag racing? I don't know. I never intended to drag race so it was never a concern. Ask McLeod. I think it has something to do with how hard a car hits with slicks on a drag strip during a clutch drop. On the street the tires will give up before the clutch does. But I'm just guessing.

Last edited:

nooner

Established Member
The buyer backed out, or rather he has stopped responding to PMs. I retrieved the clutch from my mechanic and have had the clutch boxed up and ready to ship since last week Friday (9/23/11). I haven't heard from him since Saturday (9/24/11) when he said he still wanted it. I have tried contacting him several times since then. I warned him (9/28/11) I would put it back up for sale if I didn't hear anything back from him. I turned down several other buyers because I made a deal with this person but he has stopped responding. This clutch is all ready to go. I just need an address and money. I hate backing out on a deal without agreement from the buyer but I can't wait forever to sell it.

This clutch is still up for sale.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread