• RXT

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If anyone is going to be at the NMRA World Finals next week we'll have a few RXT clutches there for sale. We also do free shipping on them in the Cont. USA and would love to quote some clutches for any of you. Shoot us a pm.

I'll be contacting you when I order the parts, probably won't be until early spring though.:beer:

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Do yourself a favor and go with the RXT, Ive had both of them because I cheaped out the first time...the RST didnt like the abuse I gave it at the track and gave up on me with only 1500 miles on it at around 600hp. RXT now with an aluminum flywheel and couldnt be happier, by far the best clutch Ive ever had and Ive had many.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Do yourself a favor and go with the RXT, Ive had both of them because I cheaped out the first time...the RST didnt like the abuse I gave it at the track and gave up on me with only 1500 miles on it at around 600hp. RXT now with an aluminum flywheel and couldnt be happier, by far the best clutch Ive ever had and Ive had many.

What flywheel did you go with?

matt87

Established Member
26 spline rxt and fidanza aluminum flywheel here. love this clutch. when i first test drove the car at the ford dealer they had no clue what clutch was in it. i was worried something was wrong with it cause the pedal was so easy compared to a stock one. i later tracked down the former owner and was stoked to find it had that combo.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds great.

Metco and Mcleod are my two favorite product lines to sell.:rockon:

Do you have the Mcleod clutches dropped shipped from them or do you stock them? Just wondering cause if I go with one of there flywheels it seems they bolt it all up then ship in one box.

nooner

Established Member
Sounds great.

Metco and Mcleod are my two favorite product lines to sell.:rockon:

Why don't you list parts that you sell on your website? You have very competitive prices. I had no idea you sold McLeod clutches until after I placed an order elsewhere. I could have saved a few bucks.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Why don't you list parts that you sell on your website? You have very competitive prices. I had no idea you sold McLeod clutches until after I placed an order elsewhere. I could have saved a few bucks.

+1 I checked out his site the other day too, not even sure what his prices are, but I'll likely contact posi first on the clutch kit and flywheel.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Awsome! Any other mods you added along with it?

Even Flow Gen 2 head cooling mod and EGR delete.

I did the Clutch, Flywheel, ARP flywheel bolts, 26 spline input shaft, clutch fork, tob, tob sleeve, pilot bearing, new cable, quadrant, firewall adjuster, the whole nine yards.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Even Flow Gen 2 head cooling mod and EGR delete.

I did the Clutch, Flywheel, ARP flywheel bolts, 26 spline input shaft, clutch fork, tob, tob sleeve, pilot bearing, new cable, quadrant, firewall adjuster, the whole nine yards.

LOL, thats pretty much is everything I have on my list!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Got Mcleod? We Do!!

Click the link below for more details on our $100.00 GIFT CARD offer on all Mcleod RST/RXT twin disc clutch packages.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/lethal-performance-315/801039-mcleod-rst-rxt-100-00-gift-card-offer-exclusively-offered-lethal-performance.html#post11097481

photo-5.jpg

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

gargstang

Established Member
I have the RST and Fidanza Aluminum flywheel and love it. It was enough to snap an axle the first and only time I took it to the track in September. I will step up to the RXT next time around but am good for now.

One thing I did find out directly from McCleod is that with some flywheels you may have to run a small shim to get the correct play in the disk against the flywheel. You should be able to turn the disk and I couldn't with mine.

MYSTCHRM

Established Member
I've ordered my RXT and am very hopeful that it will be better than my previous setup. If this thing is as smooth as so many of you say, I'm going to be much happier. I have the same list of parts going in mine other than I am keeping the Spec almn flywheel since I already had it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^I ran the RXT with the Spec flywheel. Sad to say mine still chattered just a hair though. Then again I somehow warped the entire flywheel and not only the insert that goes inside it by powershifting lol. It had a 3+ in it and it came out as soon as I knew it was slipping.

002.jpg

001-1.jpg

MYSTCHRM

Established Member
You are making about 150 ft lbs more tq than I am so I hope I don't run into the issue you had. My car is a daily driver and I rarely take it to the track these days. But I swear if I have to go and pull the tranny one more time, I'm going to flip!

Users who are viewing this thread