• RST

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • RXT

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nooner

Established Member
Thanks for the info! Sorry about your situation that blows. I pretty much have everything on my list as what you mentioned you have. Might go with a D&D 26 spline though and also a fiore firewall adjuster and quadrant. Probably also add the LDC head cooling mod since the tranny will be out.

Yep, I did the LDC head cooling mod while the tranny was out, and the anti-venom shift mod. Already had a firewall adjuster and quadrant. I also did the complete Full Tilt Boogie Racing IRS bushing kit, 3.73 gears, and LPW diff cover at the same time.

Jefe

Established Member
What are the limits of the RST and has it been proven on here? Im in the same boat, just trying to put off the purchase as long as possible because the stock clutch still works fine

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What are the limits of the RST and has it been proven on here? Im in the same boat, just trying to put off the purchase as long as possible because the stock clutch still works fine

Does yours make a similar sound? My clutch work just fine too besides the noise. Likely won't have it installed until next spring, as winters not far away here.

Jefe

Established Member
Not at all, mine makes a high pitch chirp the second I put an ounce of pressure on the clutch pedal. This is my 2nd TOB too. Its been doing this for over 5k miles though. Hasnt affected shifting. By same boat I meant, no drag racing at all and no plans to up the power over 550. Leaning towards the RST if and when its needed

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Gotcha, well I guess I can still hear a faint tingy noise even when the cars in neutral and even when I tap the gas pedal when it's in neutral.

nooner

Established Member

Last December an SVTP member had an RST burn up on him but he was running it at the drag strip when it happened. It was his second run when the RST failed. His car dynoed at 572 rwhp on a Mustang dyno. The RST is rated to 800 CRANK hp and McLeod says strictly no drag racing with the RST. I believe he did get McLeod to replace the clutch, but it was a battle to get them to do it becasue they knew it was done at the track. I think that says a lot for McLeod. That is the only McLeod failure I have ever heard of.

stang910

Established Member
I've owned both of them and couldn't tell much difference between the 2. If your never going to race it get the RST and save some money. Best clutch you'll ever buy. Get the flywheel from Mcleod also.

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
Mostly everyone has answered the question but just my 2 cents added in :D

The RXT is hands down the best clutch I have tried so far in my car:banana:
Drove a buddies car that had the RST and it felt almost identical. Not too sure about the TQ limits of the RST but he was running ~550rwtq and did not have a problem.

Someone else asked the question about why the McLeod clutch was so good, I could not tell the difference in flywheels other than the Mcleod seemed to mate with the clutch a little bit better :shrug:

Emwun Garand

Established Member
I bought my RXT and Lightened steel flywheel, both McLeod, from Lethal, and they came assembled in the box together.

Actually hoping to have it installed this weekend.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
I installed RST along with stock aluminum flywheel, that I got resurfaced. In my cobra about 2 years ago. I drive my car hard on the streets and 1/4 strip. I did alot of 6k rpm dumps with it. The clutch was holding up with no problems. Oh and i forgot the mention the clutch pedal feels like a honda clutch. The pedal is 10X softer than stock. It is a very street oriented clutch. Btw I make 525rwhp.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I bought my RXT and Lightened steel flywheel, both McLeod, from Lethal, and they came assembled in the box together.

Actually hoping to have it installed this weekend.

So did you buy the package kit? The one that retails around 1255.00?

Great info everyone!

Emwun Garand

Established Member
So did you buy the package kit? The one that retails around 1255.00?

Great info everyone!

No. I added the 26 spline RXT to my cart and added the lightened steel flywheel to my cart. Lethal drop ships from McLeod and the McLeod guys slapped the parts together and shipped in the same box.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If anyone is going to be at the NMRA World Finals next week we'll have a few RXT clutches there for sale. We also do free shipping on them in the Cont. USA and would love to quote some clutches for any of you. Shoot us a pm.

Users who are viewing this thread