Mcleod RST Install Q's

moot09

Established Member
I am in the middle of installing my McLeod RST. Though I am stuck in the pivot ball adjustment stage. From the threads I've read, the norm for pivot ball height is ~-4-5mm under the stock height. I was also told the fork dampener must be removed in order to get the proper adjustment. Could someone clarify this for me?

For my particular situation, it almost seems as if the stock fork wont work? Though I haven't seen anyone needing to go with an aftermarket fork...This is where I'm at now.

We would adjust the pivot ball down, reinstall everything but the fork would not budge at all. Gave it a few tries last night but ran out of time.

Are there any other install secrets I haven't stumbled accross?

mobius

CDM 2009
Established Member
I didnt have to take the damper off. place the tranny back in with clutch cable disconnected and make sure u are not touching the back of the tranny when you are completely released. then attatch cable and make sure when you do press the clutch you have enough travel you can depress the clutch pedal fully and not hit the front of the window with the arm. I found there was lots of room in both directions nad not sure why they make such a big deal out of this adjustment. I probably couldve used the stock ball and been completely fine. but i started with it 5mm lower and left it there... it works fine.

Termilvr

Established Member
what flywheel are you using? i have a fidanza which is a little thicker than stock so i needed to back down more than 4.5 but i have changed it up and down 3 different times, it has worked every time, the engagement point was just to high.

Users who are viewing this thread