Mcleod dealer/vendor on here?

MG0h3

Established Member
Like title says and...

What kind of life are you guys getting out of the RXT?

Held great at 590whp for about 12k miles. Ive been on E85 and 20psi or so for 5-600 miles and its let go twice. Holds fine in second if I stab it or roll into it. Both times it let go I was in 3rd or 4th at about 2800 and stabbed it. Lets go with a terrible chatter. It happens so fast both times Ive let off and got right back into it like you would with tire spin and it held. The boost comes on very fast now so Im guessing its more the instant torque hit thats killing it.

Curious if anybody else has experienced the same or had to go to a heavier clutch or is it just 13k miles under a lot of torque wore it out? Im kindof surprised that something rated for 1000hp is giving up on me.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I've had nothing but problems with my RXT.. Chatters, vibrates, engages harshly, heavy clutch pedal. I hate it. I bought that fancy TOB sleeve from lethal and it chewed it up and scored it really bad really quick. When it comes down to being replaced, I doubt I'll stick with the rxt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
Wow thats crazy. Mine has been excellent as far as all those things. Been like 4yrs now.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
mine (rxt) lasted about 13k. but i love it, best clutch i ever owned.

i replaced it with an rst (just to try it out and see any differences and how it works out).

mcleod rebuilt it for me, they just used the different rst ceramic material discs.

as far as the title of your thead, lethal perfornance is probably one of the biggest mcleod dealers out there

MG0h3

Established Member
I took it out tonight and I can do whatever I want in 2nd. 3rd or 4th I can roll into it hard and its fine. I think its just the car wants to be going 120 when I stab it at 2500rpm in 4th and the clutch lets loose. Probably gonna roll with it til it really bothers me.

I saw the DYAD but damn you gotta buy a flywheel everytime?

and CJ how bout some pics of the Mach. Best friend back home had a 69' with a 351C. Loved rolling around in that car.

cj428mach

Established Member
I saw the DYAD but damn you gotta buy a flywheel everytime?

and CJ how bout some pics of the Mach. Best friend back home had a 69' with a 351C. Loved rolling around in that car.

I assume the flywheel is turnable at least a time or two, but I haven't checked. Really if you are worried about dealing with flywheel issues that probably means the clutch isn't up to the task.

As for the pics of the Mach I can get some but its currently in pieces. The Motor came out a few weeks ago for a refresh and a slight bump in power. I wasn't planning on it but when I went to install the TKO600 there were to many oil leaks that I couldn't live with.

MG0h3

Established Member
Well when you get things going on the Mach start a thread. I'm old enough to appreciate them!

And regarding the dyad and the flywheel comment all the kits had a flywheel with them unless I just didn't look hard enough.

If McLeod can rebuild that's probably my best bet. Wasn't aware they could do that

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread