Mcleod Clutch review~

Griffin

Established Member
I just got my Mcleod clutch put in and I drove it for about 30-40 miles yesterday and here is my first impressions~ Butter. Plain and simple. The shifts are flawless and the it really grabs well. No jerking or heavy foot petal. I highly recommend this clutch to anyone looking for a replacement. I got it for 360.00. It included the clutch, pressure plate and TOB. This clutch should handle up to 700rwhp/700rwtq from what I was told.

There are a few modifications that must be made to the clutch assembly, so if you are interested, pm me and I will explain what you have to do to ensure proper installation.

Griffin

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Can you PM me with the modifications needed? I'd also like to know who you purchased your McLeod through. Did you keep your stock flywheel and just have it resurfaced or did you go aftermarket there as well? Thanks in advance!

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
This must be the single disk? Are you going to take it to the track on slicks to see if it really holds?

Griffin

Established Member
Jerry,

I don't think it is the single disk. It reads "Dual Performance".

The tech who installed said it was a dual as well:??:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by Griffin
Jerry,

I don't think it is the single disk. It reads "Dual Performance".

The tech who installed said it was a dual as well:??:

Griffin

your part number should be:

64308-00-03

or

63308-00-03

Griffin

Established Member
I got 360802 for the PP and 260831 for the disc. It says "for 2003 Cobra Mustang"

:??:

Griffin

Established Member
unless this is the company I bought from's part numbers? It all came in Mcleod boxes though......

Griffin

Established Member
My flywheel was brand new. It was just replaced by Ford 3 months ago and I don't drive the car that much....

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
i got a McLeod twin-disc w/ steel flywheel about 3 or 4 months ago from D&D performance. Also got a 26-spline input shaft from Liberty Gear.

$360 is a hell of a deal though. Mine was $800 w/ the flywheel. Input shaft was another $250 on top of that.

The part # for the 26spline twin-disc is 64308-00-07
64308 designates a 26-spline model
-07 designates a steel flywheel

It came like this:
Clutch1.jpg

Last edited:

Griffin

Established Member
Ahh, that makes sense now. I went with the 10 spline. I don't go to the track so I figured I would stick with the stock 10 spline. I guess that is why it was so cheep.

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
most likely. might want to watch for that though... guys with lower power levels than yours have been killing those 10-spline input shafts. i figured i'd do mine at the time of the clutch swap and get it out of the way. ;)

Griffin

Established Member
I thought about it, but I have never dropped the clutch from a stop and really don't punish the car that hard. The ford tech said as long as I am not doing 3k clutch drops all the time it will be fine. But I can definitely see the need to upgrade....

My clutch looks just like yours BTW....

Users who are viewing this thread