McLeod Clutch Kit Installed

robb15033

Established Member
Finally got my Clutch replaced.
~Installed a McLeod Street Pro clutch kit, McLeod flywheel with new FRPP bearings, FRPP clutch fork, TO bearing sleeve, MM clutch cable kit with heat insulators, and a new FRPP hi-torque mini starter.
- I also got the chance to soak the bearings in a coating of Militech1. Everything slid on effortlessly and all moving parts engage & disengage so smoothly. Awesome feeling to have a new starting point with something that is such a pain in the ass to get to.
Beautiful kit to have installed. Pedal feel is lighter than stock. Perfect set up for me.
~The motor starter is a really cool piece. When you turn the key, it has a rhythmic cadence and sound that i have never heard. The mechanic and i both turned heads smiling. I feel a little better about the price tag for that starter. It's a bad ass piece though.
~Also found a sloppy bearing for fourth gear in the tranny. Got that fixed too. Found a metal shim on both sides of bearing that had a groove worn into it. All is tight now.
-What came out was a stock looking Valeo clutch beaten to hell. The disk was worn down to rivets. Bearings were sooo worn out. The clutch fork was worn out at each contact point severely.
75103.jpg
banner2-flywheels2-986x348.jpg

Attachments

• mcleod-street-pro-clutch-flywheel.jpg
    mcleod-street-pro-clutch-flywheel.jpg
    607.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread