McLaren 720S Review

Machdup1

Established Member
I think it has to be seen in person to fully appreciate it. While the video does not rev my motor (it looks like the smashed a GT40, a corvette and an 95 Eagle Talon together), I bet I'd be drooling if it passed my on the highway.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
It's the quarter panel area. It seems stupid easy to me to point out what wrong. That area is too bland. Almost all exotics have scoops or more body shaping there. The 720S falls flat.

Look at the La Ferrari, P1, 488, Huracan, Aventador, 675 LT, R8, Ford GT, etc.

It took me a little google work to find a car that doesn't have some quarter panel scoops, and it's the 458...

zymjktC.jpg

Ferrari pulls it off though. I think the 458 has more defined rear body lines. It looks more muscular, like shoulders on a body builder, while the 720 S looks like shoulders on an average guy.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Hahahaha, I fixed it. I spent another solid 2 minutes looking at pics, including the few I took when I saw it in person recently. It is the rear quarter area, but it's this weird dual hump thing by the quarter glass.

stock:
NPSoixB.png

Less than 2 minutes in MS Paint:
8akzPQs.png

Add a more fixed wing/raised up wing like the 657 LT...and my sketch would look great!

Yo McLaren, you hiring?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It's the horrendous headlights area that kills the looks for me.

blk02edge

Established Member
I think you are all too used to the alien space ships the exotic car makers have been designing.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Is it me, or is this thread full of haters that will never be able to afford a 720S? :D

(I love McLaren and would take this thing any day over a Ferrari or Lambo right now. But no, I'll never be able to afford it either)

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Is it me, or is this thread full of haters that will never be able to afford a 720S? :D

(I love McLaren and would take this thing any day over a Ferrari or Lambo right now. But no, I'll never be able to afford it either)

So you have to be able to afford a car to hate the looks? Please, do go on and tell us more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
So you have to be able to afford a car to hate the looks? Please, do go on and tell us more.

Just take a look at any of the Ford GT threads

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'll have to see it in person to render an opinion. The initial pictures of the P1 didn't grab me, but when I saw it in person... instant love.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I'll have to see it in person to render an opinion. The initial pictures of the P1 didn't grab me, but when I saw it in person... instant love.

Now that I can appreciate, many cars look terrible in photos but great in person or great in photos and terrible in person.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ill wait till i see one in person. the headlights are a bit bug-eyed/big. the rest looks ok. i dont love it, but i dont hate it. ive never found any of the Mclarens to be downright beautiful. the F1 was an incredible car but not terribly beautiful. not compared to ferraris and lambos of its era. and ever since as well. im not a big fan of the latest ferraris (looks) either. meanwhile lambo keeps cranking out beautiful artwork on a yearly basis. just my personal opinion and that's just based on looks. nothing to do with build quality or driveability or anything else.

and agreed, many of these hyper cars are starting to look like spaceships lol.

i cant afford one so it doesnt really matter what i think lol. apparently plenty of people with $$$$$$ like them and that's what actually matters.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I cannot afford a Gumpert Apollo and an Ascari A-10 but I know they are sexy.

Users who are viewing this thread