McLaren 720S and the Dickhead

FJohnny

Established Member
Before we start, let's get something straight. The McLaren driver isn't the dickhead. I am.

So about 20 minutes ago I was pulling out of the drive to the golf course I play every day. Unlike other days, there's a brand new 720S going past. I pull behind it and we head towards the main road where we both turn right. Long straight. I pull up beside him and give him a solid thumbs up and mouth "Wow, nice!"

He grins and gives a throttle blip. I am cruising in second, so zero traction and give it a short burnout beside him. We trade throttle blips until I'm at the perfect third gear rpm to maybe get traction and be at max torque.

I know the outcome that is approaching and without thinking it through, I set him up. He gives a hard short blip. I wait to hear his engine slow and hit it hard. I'm pedaling third and shoot ahead about half a dozen lengths. I have deliberately jumped the gun. His engine roars. I'm getting perfect traction for a change and my jump keeps me ahead for a good time. When he's almost approaching, I tap the brakes a few blinks and slow.

We get to the next lights and are going different directions. I know that for sure he thinks that I think I've just beat down a McLaren. (I don't think that. At all.)

Now I feel like a dick for letting him think that I could imagine I took him down.

Do I have to look him up and apologize?

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I imagine there's a thread on a McClaren forum somewhere that has a 720 owner asking the other members if he should look up some dude that doesn't know how to race and apologize to him for owning a nicer car.

I'm sorry, eh. Ya, I'm sorry too, eh. ****in' Canadians.

TERMN8U

Established Member
Weird.... I am Canadian also and I get what he’s saying.
We like to do battle on equal ground and come out on top based on our own merits.
He beat the driver, not the car.
I get what he’s saying.

blk02edge

Established Member
We like to do battle on equal ground and come out on top based on our own merits.
I get what he’s saying.
You'd really feel like a dick and want to apologize? I guess all the stereotypes are true.. Thankfully nobody I know is that weird

FJohnny

Established Member
You should start thinking American.

"I just killed a McLaren 720!"

Lol. Might just head over to the McLaren forum and do just that! Good suggestion.

I cant tell if you are serious. I seriously hope not

Not overly serious. Just thought it a little funny when considering the encounter from the other guy's point of view. Him explaining to his passenger that "No, he didn't just lose to a mustang" and how desperately he must have wanted a proper rematch to teach me a lesson.

It was an unbelievable car the guy had. Paint that changed color kind of like mystichrome from deep reddish-black to a bright ruby glow. Never seen anything like it. An honor to go full throttle next to it.

I get what he’s saying.

You seem like an uncommonly perceptive and intelligent fellow. If you would consider running for Prime Minister next month you definitely will get my vote. Have a good one, man!

FJohnny

Established Member
I imagine there's a thread on a McClaren forum somewhere that has a 720 owner asking the other members if he should look up some dude that doesn't know how to race and apologize to him for owning a nicer car.

I'm sorry, eh. Ya, I'm sorry too, eh. ****in' Canadians.

Saw him again yesterday. He must live near the golf course.

He pulled up next to me, rolled down his window and said, "Nice mustang." He apologized for his poor timing on the throttle and blamed his passenger for hopping up and down in his seat and chattering so loud that his concentration was way off. Or something like that...

FJohnny

Established Member
Sounds like you just want to blow him.

Op is a fruitcake. Weird.

If I'm not mistaken, you two might just owe me an apology. Thanks in advance.

What in the ****. After reading this, I will no longer enjoy maple syrup on my pancakes.

Please don't do it. I'll think you are punishing yourself for something I've done. And I'll have to apologize to you. We really don't need that, do we?

Users who are viewing this thread