Mbrp catback race or street?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
These seem to be the best value although on AM the vid of the street sounds louder than the race version. Thoughts on these or other good brands?

strengthrehab

Established Member
These seem to be the best value although on AM the vid of the street sounds louder than the race version. Thoughts on these or other good brands?
I am tired of mine. May replace the mufflers with a magnaflow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

calebdnehus

Established Member
Dont get either. Had the street version on my '16 and HATED the drone it had. If you want a good sounding, loud exhaust then you'll find nothing better than corsa. They guarantee no drone and its legit. I've a corsa sport catback and it sounds damn good with zero drone. I'm a corsa customer for life now

luker669

Established Member
I have a whole msrp system, headers, off road h-pipe and street cat back.
Very loud it lasted a week and I had the stuck muffler reinstalled. Sounds good now

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

calebdnehus

Established Member
I have a whole msrp system, headers, off road h-pipe and street cat back.
Very loud it lasted a week and I had the stuck muffler reinstalled. Sounds good now

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Had the exact same setup on my 16. Loved the volume, hated the drone. Ended up selling the car before I changed the exhaust again

JeffAdd

i like the mbrp race cat back, and yes there is a slight drone when throttle is engaged, the amount depends on how deep your in the throttle. I think the fact i still have cats help though as its a deep sounding exhaust but not over loud as a catless setup. That being said my s197 i had 4 different exhausts and all but the stock one had a drone at some point, or was so quiet it may as well been stock.

Point is your gonna be hard pressed to find one uniform answer that everyone agrees on as best setup imo. Hell i have had corsa owners come over at cruise ins etc.. and specifically ask what setup i have, and then shake their head and say yeah they should of went that route and saved some money as well. /shrug

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
These are my thoughts as well i haven't heard a catback setup yet worth paying twice as much money. Plus i can add the mbrp headers later and still be cheaper than some of these catbacks.

calebdnehus

Established Member
These are my thoughts as well i haven't heard a catback setup yet worth paying twice as much money. Plus i can add the mbrp headers later and still be cheaper than some of these catbacks.

Did the exact thing you are planning and hated it. The drone was awful in 6th at anything below highway speeds and the passenger side header had absolutely no room to clear the frame rail. Even after heating and depressing part of the primary it was still causing some issues on my '16 auto. Just got my '17 M6 finished up with kooks 1 3/4 and corsa sport and it sounds glorious. A bit pricey but you get what you pay and headers/catback hold true to that

calebdnehus

Established Member
My setup has $2300 in it and it was all brand new. Look for holiday sales (4th is coming up) and give beefcake a call. He does great deals if you call in and mention youre with SVT and looking for a good deal on some parts

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
So i got the mbrp race catback installed pretty simple and really like the 4.5" polished tips. Nowhere near as loud as my shelby with an o/r pipe but souunds like a muscle car should. It does have some drone at 70mph in 6th but if i drop it onto 5th it goes away. Most of my highway driving is at 80 in 6th anyways which doesn't drone. Seems like the best value for what you can buy.

Quick69

Established Member
I have the race on my 2017 GT A6 and really like it, drone is not bad at all to me

calebdnehus

Established Member
^^Love the way the Cali Special looks! Wish they would have let me pair that with the performance pack. Lightning blue and black go very well together. lol

Lensync

All BS... Anyone who says Corsa or nothing is full of sheesh! Lol. That's like saying blondes are hotter than brunettes... It' an opinion. Corsa sounds good and quality is good. MBRP street pro is good quality.. They do sound different.. MBRP RACE HAS DRONE... STREET NO WAY. I have and friends have both...I've never herd a street have drone even with headers. Just old school H pipe rumble till 4k... Then a little angry rasp, but never drone. The Corsa is fantastic sounds good... But high pitched wale with some rasp.. I like it but I didn't buy it. Money had no weight.. It was the sound that made me buy what I have..

Users who are viewing this thread