Maybe Trading For This Fox

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
10:5:1 compression?? Race car?? The 306 is reliable, and probably more reliable then the cobra. I have a 306, with 9:5:1 Compression. I have to run super. Does the AOD have a stall? If so is it a lock up or non lock up? With out a lock up you will have no OD, and that means, no with 4.10s you will be limited to around 50 mph. Its annoying as hell. I lost OD in my old AOD GT, and I had 4.10s. I was at close to 3k rpm at 50. It sounds like a nicely set up car though. If it was streetable, and you knew you had a OD, I would say do it. I love my fox. They have always been reliable to me.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
What is lock up? Like I said I'm not educated in autos lol. And yes he said it has a 3500 stall or around there. And I know mail order tunes aren't the best but I really can't drive 500 miles to a shop just to get a dyno tune. Not until I save up anyway lol. Maybe there's one in Nashville or Memphis I can go too

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
What is lock up? Like I said I'm not educated in autos lol. And yes he said it has a 3500 stall or around there. And I know mail order tunes aren't the best but I really can't drive 500 miles to a shop just to get a dyno tune. Not until I save up anyway lol. Maybe there's one in Nashville or Memphis I can go too

Check this link out. I was always told lock up meant you had OD non lock up would not allow for OD. I dunno though, I have only had 1 AOD car.

AOD LOCKUP vs NON-LOCKUP Torque Converters

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Sweet. We just talked for like 3 hours. The car is so bad. And wicked fast. He said hell have to think about it. And it has a holley systemax intake on it not edelbrock sorry. But I'll try to get a picture up soon

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Honestly that doesn't look that impressive, my car will do that, with a lot less mods.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Well I'm sure he wasn't giving it all it had. I wouldnt in front of the person i was trying to sell my car too lol. I just told him to have a little fun when he left. What times in the 8th mile do you think would be good for that car to run?

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
The color looks great but that cowl is ugly as **** on this car. Doesn't need it. But it's your car...put something under there thats worth the 4inch cowl.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Like I said.. He's got an intake spacer on it so the intake is lifted up a bit and won't clear the stock hood

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Haha well idk what I'm gonna do with the hood. I'm gonna worry about finding a stock LX wing first though. And well he knows I want it. Now it's just his decision. He said he'll keep in touch and might even come back to look at my car again. I know he's interested in mine or he wouldnt have randomly decided to drive all the way to my house to see it. I've been reminding him how much better gas mileage my car has and how passenger friendly it is compared to his because I noticed he had a toddler seat in the back of the fox lol

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Well I'm sure he wasn't giving it all it had. I wouldnt in front of the person i was trying to sell my car too lol. I just told him to have a little fun when he left. What times in the 8th mile do you think would be good for that car to run?

With that combo I would hope you could see mid 7s. I am upper 7s right now.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
He said it ran a 7.94 on motor a couple years ago but that was before he put a tubular K member on it and some other lighter parts

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Do you think it's even possible to have everything that's claimed to be done to the car run that well without a tune? He talked about how if it idles for awhile, the rpms will drop even lower then he cranked it to let me see it do that and it eventually did. But it never died or seemed like it hesitated but he said he thinks it might need a tune to correct this. I mean maybe one of the previous 4 owners got a tune for it when they did all the work to the bottom end but I just dont see how it could run so well with 24lb injectors on a stock tune

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Do you think it's even possible to have everything that's claimed to be done to the car run that well without a tune? He talked about how if it idles for awhile, the rpms will drop even lower then he cranked it to let me see it do that and it eventually did. But it never died or seemed like it hesitated but he said he thinks it might need a tune to correct this. I mean maybe one of the previous 4 owners got a tune for it when they did all the work to the bottom end but I just dont see how it could run so well with 24lb injectors on a stock tune

Yes, I am untuned lol. I would say to save you money on a tune, buy a IAC spacer. That is all I run. Now this year I will be going with, megasquirt, but I mean a tune is not really going to mean that much with a fox car. 24lb injectors at 85% which is all you want to run, is 326 in my ford racing book. I would say it will need 30 lbers, to really benefit from it. I swapped up, when I went E85. I was slightly about 326, so I went ahead and moved up. Honestly pull the trigger on it, you will not be unhappy. I love my car so much. The TQ is awesome! It will fly too. My biggest issue, even with full suspension, subframes, good upper and lowers, drag springs and shocks, is hooking up. You will understand what I mean, if you get it. In all honesty Drag radials will work good for you being a auto, but for me, being a standard. I need slicks.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Oh okay thanks for reassuring me lol. Cause the last guy I almost bought a fox from lied about nearly everything that he claimed was done to the engine. but what did you mean by 326?

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Oh okay thanks for reassuring me lol. Cause the last guy I almost bought a fox from lied about nearly everything that he claimed was done to the engine. but what did you mean by 326?

326lbs of tq to be at 85% of the fuel load. that is pretty much the max you want to run. I can look up anything you need, just lmk. I would do it if it were me. Its just me though. Just know the sn95 cars are better built, and the fox cars were basically a go fast car. The sn95 improved on the suspension, handling and brakes. The interiors are comfortable more then foxes IMO. But the sn95 seats swap right in. I have done this.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Alright thanks alot man. You have no idea how bad i want this car lol. He finally just sent me a text and said he's still weighing his options and he's going to get a quote from his friend that painted the fox to see how much it would cost him to paint my cobras fender and front bumper if he got it.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Alright thanks alot man. You have no idea how bad i want this car lol. He finally just sent me a text and said he's still weighing his options and he's going to get a quote from his friend that painted the fox to see how much it would cost him to paint my cobras fender and front bumper if he got it.

Thats under 800.00. I hope it works out for you. PM me if you need any other help. All I have ever built is 5.0 cars, so I know my way around them pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread