Maximum Wheel Size

little-dw

Established Member
looking to replace my oem svtpp rims...

my 1st choice are the Shelby Venice wheels, but I'm not sure if I want to come off that kind of money just yet just for wheels
my 2nd choice are the Vossen VFS1 wheels, which seem more reasonable in price

I'm leaning more towards the Vossen VFS1 wheels because I can purchase those, tires, offroad H pipe, and a 13-6 kit for the same price as the Shelby Venice wheels and tires

I do not track race, and may do a pass or two at the strip once every now and again

for the rear, i would like to do 20x11, but i only see 5x130 bolt pattern and a 55mm offset available. will that work on our car, or do we need a specific bolt pattern?
for the front, whatever the oem rims were??

probably a stupid question, but what about if i wanted to be able to rotate my tires, what size in the front would be the biggest i can go?

i see some mentioned 53mm offset in order to run a 315/35 tire. I cant visualize in my head what it all means, i just go by what ive read on the forums :/

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Go look at the specs for a Shelby CS1 or CS2 for the rear. I am running the CS2 and a 315/35 clears with zero rub. That is on stock suspension. A friend has Vossen and his rims are pushed our further on the rear.

Tom

little-dw

Established Member
Go look at the specs for a Shelby CS1 or CS2 for the rear. I am running the CS2 and a 315/35 clears with zero rub. That is on stock suspension. A friend has Vossen and his rims are pushed our further on the rear.

Tom

I'll take a look at it, thanks. I've been wanting to do something to the car and I figured modding it appearance wise (engine bay, wheels) can hold me over until my warranty runs out ... 7yrs or 70k miles haha

for wheels I just see some people talking about the offset when going with wider rims than the svtpp rims so their tires dont stick out

Users who are viewing this thread