Maximum Motorsports CC Plate Difference?

carguy96

Established Member
No no clunking at all. Installed the plates over a weekend and took the stang down for alignment that following monday.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Good to know, thanks. I’ve heard things from a number of people about not using enough spacers or whatever can cause the noise but seems like you got it right.

carguy96

Established Member
I've installed a few sets of MM plates on different cars. Take your time and follow the instructions. I've never had an issue with clunks or extra noises.
Thanks, I’m in zero rush considering it’s winter now. I’ll be sure to take my time.

eds85gt

So have you haven’t had any issues with clunking noises or anything like that?
How was the installation of the plates?
I have 03 Cobra with OEM Bilsteins, MM cc plates & MM coil overs & lowered. No clunking noises in front. Both Bilstein & MM struts have internal bump stops which allow them to maintain more suspension travel - especially helpful on lowered cars. Thicker CC plates such as those made out of aluminum reduce the range of suspension travel. MM CC plates for 94 to 04 Mustangs can be mounted 2 ways providing a wider range of camber. MM all the way for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

carguy96

Established Member
I have 03 Cobra with OEM Bilsteins, MM cc plates & MM coil overs & lowered. No clunking noises in front. Both Bilstein & MM struts have internal bump stops which allow them to maintain more suspension travel - especially helpful on lowered cars. Thicker CC plates such as those made out of aluminum reduce the range of suspension travel. MM CC plates for 94 to 04 Mustangs can be mounted 2 ways providing a wider range of camber. MM all the way for me.

Thank you for your feedback. At this point I’m 100% sold on the MM CC plates, now just wanting to make sure I get them installed correctly.
So you’ve got the MM Coilover kit on your car? How do you like it?

eds85gt

Love it. Prior owner installed them. I installed the complete FTBR package on the IRS & it made huge difference in predictability & handling in corners & resulted in razor sharp steering g response. With stock rubber bushings you can get excessive bump steer in the rear, and you don't want the rear steering the car. If you do decide to make other changes I highly recommend you email MM Tech people. Be sure to tell them the planned usage of the car & they will make recommendations based on that. usage. Their tech people are great.

carguy96

Established Member
Love it. Prior owner installed them. I installed the complete FTBR package on the IRS & it made huge difference in predictability & handling in corners & resulted in razor sharp steering g response. With stock rubber bushings you can get excessive bump steer in the rear, and you don't want the rear steering the car. If you do decide to make other changes I highly recommend you email MM Tech people. Be sure to tell them the planned usage of the car & they will make recommendations based on that. usage. Their tech people are great.

Thanks for your feedback! I’ve actually contacted them and haven’t gotten a response yet. Guess I’ll wait and see if I hear back from them.
I might get their coilover kit as well after looking at it on their site.

1badton

Established Member
Thank you for your feedback. At this point I’m 100% sold on the MM CC plates, now just wanting to make sure I get them installed correctly.
So you’ve got the MM Coilover kit on your car? How do you like it?
I do not have the coil over kit, just stock bilstiens. Lowered the car by cutting a 1/4 of the front coils witch require the plates and bump steer kit to get proper geometry. Next will be coilovers, K member, and the forward positioning A arms from MM.

carguy96

Established Member
I do not have the coil over kit, just stock bilstiens. Lowered the car by cutting a 1/4 of the front coils witch require the plates and bump steer kit to get proper geometry. Next will be coilovers, K member, and the forward positioning A arms from MM.

My bad, I mistmatched usernames and comments.
And I’ve been seeing a number of people selling K-members and related suspension parts and it’s tempting me all too much.

Last edited:

carguy96

Established Member
Why

Well I am pretty sure my Eaton needs a rebuild soon. And it so happens a friend of mine is going TT with his Termi and has presented me with a deal on his SC/TB and some other goodies coming off his car.
It’s like a perfect storm of it being an “ideal” time to upgrade some parts in terms of my engine and power.

1badton

Established Member
Well I am pretty sure my Eaton needs a rebuild soon. And it so happens a friend of mine is going TT with his Termi and has presented me with a deal on his SC/TB and some other goodies coming off his car.
It’s like a perfect storm of it being an “ideal” time to upgrade some parts in terms of my engine and power.
Nice

Users who are viewing this thread