Maxflow race issue

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
I just upgraded the stock bpv on my procharger p1sc with a used maxflow race but I don’t think it is closing while under boost. My boost gauge is only showing 5-6lbs when I should be at 10-12.

My understanding is that if I pinch the vacuum line then the bpv should close. Is that correct?

My vacuum gauge is showing 13-14lbs at idle and no change when I pinch the vacuum line. Do I have a bad bpv?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Yes, it should close with no vacuum source. Depending on how hard you're pinching it may not be enough. If you have a vacuum pump I would hook it up to the valve and see if it holds vacuum. If you don't you can get one at an auto parts store. Makes chasing issues like this a breeze.

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Yes, it should close with no vacuum source. Depending on how hard you're pinching it may not be enough. If you have a vacuum pump I would hook it up to the valve and see if it holds vacuum. If you don't you can get one at an auto parts store. Makes chasing issues like this a breeze.
Thanks, I’ll check if any of them have loaner vacuum pumps.

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Everything seems to be working as it should. I put a vacuum pump on it and it’s opening and closing correctly and holding vacuum. I T’d into the vacuum line and ran it to a boost/vac gauge and made a few pulls and it’s showing around 10psi. I think the problem is in my boost gauge or line somewhere. Thanks slo

Users who are viewing this thread