Max power without changing pulley

Nino

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Seems like everyone is changing the pulley and making great power. But what's the most power/tq seen using the stock pulley plus other mods? I'm thinking about getting an '03 but would like to keep the stock pulley and just add bolt-ons, at least until the warranty runs out!

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
See SIG. Thinking that headers and a new intake and T/B would get you to about 440rwhp maybe more.

Nino

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Wow, pretty good. I've got BBK longtubes and custom x-pipe with cats sitting in my garage so all I would need is a catback to take care of the exhaust. Throw on a CAI and a chip and it looks like I'd be in the 450 rwhp zone!

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
As far as the CAI goes, you've probably seen the thread about the CAI shootout that 5.0 Mag. did. It should be out in a couple of months. You might want to use it to base your decision on which one to go with. The Chip, I'm kinda partial to Amazom Racing for two reasons. One, I haven't heard about any problems with the Diablo Chip (put mine in in about 30 min. including preping the chip) and Two, the customer service that Rick provides is second to none(IMHO). Go to Amazonracing.com, it's like a one stop shop for the 03. Hope this helps......

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I think that the chip can cause you the same warranty issues that a pulley will cause. I am pretty happy with what I got just with exhaust and K&N. Waiting on CAI results. If anything I may do 2LB lower pulley on stock tune and see how it goes from there. Once you install it you can swap pulley very fast for more boost when you need it. And yes this can void warranty also but seems safer to me. I don't like messing with the blower directly. Hell once I give up on warranty I am going with the Kenne Bell blower, custom tune and lets see 550-600RWHP :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread