Max HP on 18V BAP on E85

tvanlant

Established Member
I made several changes to my car over the winter (a bit more power) and now I'm running out of fuel in the upper RPM.
I've got a KB boost a pump at 18 volts. Probably mid-high 600whp. I know people are making more hp on the stock pump so I'm wondering what voltage are they at to make 700+ on the stock pump and E85?

Ill_W1N

Established Member
You need a bap with a higher voltage like a jms which goes to 21v. But really A fuel system is needed. Dont replace a bandaid with another bandaid. Sell that bap and get a fuel system.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
It sounds like you already know the answer. 650-675whp will probably max out the stock pump on E85. If you don't want to drop the money on a complete fuel system then drop a 465lph pump in the stock hanger. It takes a little modification to the hanger but it can be done. That is what I will be doing in the next few weeks.

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
I put out 784 to the tire with a KB 17volt BAP. And ID 1000s. But like others have said just save and buy a fuel system. Especially if your running corn

numbnutz

Established Member
If you don't want to drop the money on a complete fuel system then drop a 465lph pump in the stock hanger. It takes a little modification to the hanger but it can be done. That is what I will be doing in the next few weeks.

How about doing a How To for the rest of us? :rockon:

tvanlant

Established Member
we really prefer a stage 1 fuel system if your going to be running e85,

And what does the stage 1 system consist of? (It's not on your website with the other fuel systems).

I'm still very interested to hear about the 465lph in the stock hangar. Trueblue...any more info?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the stage 1 includes the hat, dual 342's or 465's depending on your application, regulator, lines, and everything to adapt to stock rails. returns at the regulator. $1299 shipped lower 48

REDS197

Established Member
Ask Dustin/CPR about installing a 465 in the stock hat. It doesn't help with additional flow. There is a restriction in the fuel lines that is limiting flow. The 465lph is not worth installing. Save your money for a fuel system.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Ask Dustin/CPR about installing a 465 in the stock hat. It doesn't help with additional flow. There is a restriction in the fuel lines that is limiting flow. The 465lph is not worth installing. Save your money for a fuel system.

I agree. Fuel is the lifeline of the car, single most important thing. 30-40k cars with 5-10k in mods, don't skimp on fuel.

mhyjek

Established Member
If I remember correctly Dustin said the rate limiter is the hat and pump not the lines. He is working on a new hat with different pumps, there is thread on here to verify.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
You are correct, but under 700whp it is not really worth it to spend $1300+ on a fuel system we will never really utilize. Some of us are not looking for more flow, but rather E85 safety within the flow limits of the factory system, thus the 465 pump in the stock hat.

REDS197

Established Member
You are correct, but under 700whp it is not really worth it to spend $1300+ on a fuel system we will never really utilize. Some of us are not looking for more flow, but rather E85 safety within the flow limits of the factory system, thus the 465 pump in the stock hat.

You will UTILIZE it every time you start the car!

Users who are viewing this thread