Max effort 3.6?

devilish64

Established Member
Since the introduction of the 2.65 rotorpack it seems 1100-1200 rwhp builds are becoming much more common. Has anybody built a motor specifically for a KB3.6 WITH 10.0+ compression, ported heads and intake and all the boost? Im curious on the specifics of your setup(compression, boost, power and torque it made or should make). Used prices of kenne bell 3.6 kits are starting to become what seem to me as great deals. Obviously a tvs and a twin screw are very different animals and i am not starting another "wich blower is better" thread. It seems to me most pople building a strong motor go with a 4.2 or 4.7. Thanks for the info

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Since the introduction of the 2.65 rotorpack it seems 1100-1200 rwhp builds are becoming much more common. Has anybody built a motor specifically for a KB3.6 WITH 10.0+ compression, ported heads and intake and all the boost? Im curious on the specifics of your setup(compression, boost, power and torque it made or should make). Used prices of kenne bell 3.6 kits are starting to become what seem to me as great deals. Obviously a tvs and a twin screw are very different animals and i am not starting another "wich blower is better" thread. It seems to me most pople building a strong motor go with a 4.2 or 4.7. Thanks for the info

This is not a link to a video on someones build and it is not the larger 3.6LC KB, but it is an interesting "Blower Dyno" comparison with some interesting info. including test graphs and blower differences that I have not necessarily heard about on other recent S/C test/comparison videos.....This would be the info. I would like to see and consider before I purchased a blower. It seems like this video shows some of the hidden facts that are not usually discussed or even identified during most S/C comparison tests....

I'm trying to remember what is on the side of my local school board vehicles....."Knowledge Is Power" <<<I think that is what they say?....

R

Last edited:

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Here. I have had both gen 3 now 3.6. Was stock lower with gen 3 now have full house build with 3.6. Only difference was that I stuck with stock CR as it is a lot easier to add boost than it is to reduce CR. Just my/tuners philosophy. Still have not done a hero run on the dyno but +1000whp is totally within reason. I forget who it is but someone on SVT has same set up with stock block (mine is sleeved) that did 997 whp IIRC.

Here is roll call of build. There is probably a bunch that I am forgetting, PM if you want more specifics
darton sleeved and decked 5.8
diamond 8.5 CR (piston options are a bit limited for 5.8)
mahle h beam
CJ balanced crank
bullet cams
terminator timing gear/chains
ported heads (cannot remember any specifics of valves, did use ti springs and retainers though)
bigun IC (cannot recall if we ported the lower or not)

Last edited:

devilish64

Established Member
Here is roll call of build. There is probably a bunch that I am forgetting, PM if you want more specifics
darton sleeved and decked 5.8
diamond 8.5 CR (piston options are a bit limited for 5.8)
mahle h beam
CJ balanced crank
bullet cams
terminator timing gear/chains
ported heads (cannot remember any specifics of valves, did use ti springs and retainers though)
bigun IC (cannot recall if we ported the lower or not)
thats a serious build! Only a handful of people have owned both tvs and KB.... most go the other way from what I have seen since the 2.65. KB rates the kb 3.6 @1300hp (wich i assume is crank), so given what boost numbers i have heard it can attain..... i dont see why a max effort 3.6 build with higher compression and ported things couldn't touch 1200rwhp. Im in the process of putting my parts for my motor together and selected a custom 10.15 compression diamond piston because in vmp's video where they compard the 2.65 to the 3.6 on "the mayor"( white 07-09), they said 1 point in compression is equal to around 100rwhp on theese motor combos.

Users who are viewing this thread