Matt helped me out

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I needed some tires for the diesel and Matt helped me out on brand and the style. I had to back order them but I wanted nothing but a 285/70/17 so I'm willing to wait. We ended up on the Dunlop Rover MT Maxx Traction Tire. It seem to be the best compromise of a mud tire with wet traction ability in the rain looking at the tread design. I'll be happy to get something other than the all terrains that are 3/4 gone. Thanks Matt and I'm sending a friend to possibly order another set. Like me he's set on that size.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
Well, time to tell the story. I'm not sure how the tires [Dunlop Rover Maxx Traction] do in the mud. I will say they have only about 500 miles so far and they seem great in the rain, not loud at all on pavement, sound like the all terrains I pulled off. They have a great menacing mud tire look with a little all terrain thrown in. I have discovered they do dig well in reverse on pavement. I was trying to off load the old tires into another truck, and got on the exact edge of our asphalt driveway. I went to back up and nothing, well here's a little more fuel and the F250 started spinning, not what I wanted. 4wd shoved the truck on back but the damage was done. I took out about 2'' of our drive way trying to get up the hump on the edge where the tires were. Noe damage to the tires though. If they dig that well on cold damp asphalt, I should be fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread