• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Mass Shooting in Jacksonville Florida at Football event

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by BRNG ITT, Aug 27, 2018.

1. BRNG ITT

BRNG ITT Well-Known Member Established Member

1 person killed, 2 others injured.

https://sso.cmgdigital.com/static/s...ball-game-leaves-dead/TnpTT7EMIahDm4S5CIKVgN/

But it’s not the one that’s covered so widely by the MSM.

Why not? It was even at a high school.

Considering that there is no official definition of a “mass shooting”, news outlets conveniently label this incident as a “triple shooting.” Doesn’t illicit the same emotions, by design.

It’s been linked to gang violence, so nothing to see here. These individuals lives and safety aren’t worth as much since they may have some ties to street gangs.

No celebrities or politicians are sending thoughts and prayers. No celebrities or politicians are calling for action, saying enough is enough! No calls to arms for “common sense gun control”. Perhaps because they can’t garner as much admiration and as many virtue signaling points in this circumstance.

Furthermore, guns are suddenly inanimate objects when they are used in gang shootings. But when we want to ignore mental illness and lack of coping skills as being serious issues, guns quickly and easily become the root cause for these high profile shootings.

Case in point:

Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry released the following statement to Action News Jax:

"Last night, a Friday night gathering of sports and community fellowship at a high school was devastated by senseless gang violence. In the hours since, I have discussed the incident with Sheriff Williams, Duval County Schools Superintendent Dr. Greene, as well as other city officials and faith leaders. I have stressed that we must redouble our commitment to showing young people that crime and violence is not the path. And for those who do not understand that fact, I will continue my support for law enforcement personnel and programs that ensure that perpetrators of crime face the full force of the criminal justice system. As mayor, I will continue this fight to rid our streets of violent gangs."

Not one mention of guns, or gun control. Gangs, or more so the people that comprise those gangs, are what need to be controlled in this situation.

But when an affluent white kid can’t control his emotions spurred by rejection and failure, guns.

I could go on all night, but incoherence may get the best of me at this point. Discuss away if you feel the urge or desire.

2. jeffh81

jeffh81 Never Leaving Established Member

So basically some gang members did what gang members do and killed each other?

Zemedici likes this.
  3. BRNG ITT

Yes.

That’s not a gun problem. It’s a gang-violence problem. Both of which I believe.

But, when it’s not a gang related shooting, it’s suddenly a gun control problem.

Probably because the anti-gun crowd realizes and doesn’t want to admit out loud that making guns illegal or harder to get for law abiding citizens will not keep the gang bangers from getting them and shooting people. You would only create more law-abiding victims.

Corbic, jeffh81 and RDJ like this.
  4. RDJ

RDJ ZERO shits given Established Member

pretty much. the liberals will label this as a school shooting even tho it had nothing to do with school. it was an after hours john madden video game event. No shits given. let them blow each other up and arrest the left overs is my philosophy

jeffh81 likes this.
  5. jeffh81

sounds like they died from natural causes. No story here everyone just move along

BRNG ITT likes this.
  6. Kevins89notch

Kevins89notch Well-Known Member Established Member

I think maybe you're confusing the two shootings.

The friday night shooting was after a football game, and involved a gang member. From a news article, "
    The JSO said the male victims have ties to known criminal street gang members. The Sheriff's Office said there were several fights and disturbances during the football game, and they said they will be looking into those to see if there are any connections to the shooting."

That one, yeah, some POS gang member shooting another, no big deal.

The shooting today, sunday, was a regional of sorts, video game competition, you know a bunch of professional video games dudes, like streamers and such, in a restaurant type area, when one of the players just opened fired and then offed himself. It was at like 1pm. That's just a random ****ed up shooting, and it does suck for all the innocent shot and injured by the asshole.

Zemedici likes this.
  7. Double"O"

Double"O" N2S come get some Established Member

How many people got shot in Chicago this weekend?

BOOGIE MAN, jeffh81, lOOKnGO and 3 others like this.
  8. Dave M

Dave M Member Established Member

Last week's total was 53 shot, 9 killed, but you probably didn't see that on your local news.

BOOGIE MAN, jeffh81 and Zemedici like this.
  9. Zemedici

Zemedici Well-Known Member Established Member

Of course not - cuz it’s black people killing black people, and that doesn’t perpetuate the ‘white people are EVIL’ agenda.

10. DSG2003Mach1

DSG2003Mach1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

additionally 53 people shot in 53 separate incidents doesnt fit the agenda (or whatever mix of 1-2 person shootings). It'll probably be a while longer before they try to call 2 people a mass shooting

jeffh81 and Zemedici like this.
  11. RDJ

RDJ ZERO shits given Established Member

Well damn. Yer right. I thought there was only one lol guess I should have read more than one article. Thanks for clarifying

12. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Premium Member Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Nothing to see here. Just Obama's sons venting their racial frustrations through the distribution of lead.

The real story is that old white coot who used a mean word 35 years ago. That guy is worse than Hitler.

13. COOL COBRA

COOL COBRA Hell Yes! Premium Member Established Member

A guy could probably make out good just pickin up brass in Chicago.

jeffh81, HudsonFalcon and lOOKnGO like this.
  14. Double"O"

Double"O" N2S come get some Established Member

Lol...I'll bet you're right

15. jeffh81

Until he got shot

BOOGIE MAN likes this.
  16. lexustech48

lexustech48 RIP FoMoCo 1903-2014 Premium Member Established Member

Of course all the gun control Nazi's are out in force about the mall shooting. "Theres something wrong".

Yes, in the pussified world liberals are pushing for, people cannot handle rejection or failure. So, people have mental breaks, snap and decide that killing others is an appropriate response.

Laughably, these same liberal gun grabbers are ****ing silent about all the gang violence that, oh by the way, gets amplified by liberal ideology, and no body raises a finger or eyebrow.

Hypocrites, every last one of them.

lOOKnGO, jeffh81 and 03Sssnake like this.
  17. SolarYellow

SolarYellow Sensei Premium Member Established Member

Certain people can not openly condemn their own, right? Mass shootings are a weekly and daily occurrence in Chicago but that would mean blacks are condemned since they seem to mainly perpetrate the killing. The idealistic narrative would be terminated with honest and objective analysis.

18. Gravik

Gravik Well-Known Member Established Member

19. BRNG ITT

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018