Maserati vs M3 vs......2003 SVT Cobra?

Skidonenko

Established Member
If your interested in a panoz there is a dealership going up here in the dallas area that deals in panoz, shelby, ferrari, benz, and porshe, I got to go for a ride in an esperante' with a intercooled p1sc, all i have to say is it sticks like glue and runs like lightning.

Josh

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by 03blackvert
How do those of us who like the road course get more cornering G's, and more stop?

The stop is easy. There are a TON of bolt on aftermarket brake systems for Mustangs. Just a matter of how much whoa you can afford. The cornering is tougher. These cars seem to be setup nicely suspension wise. Chassis stiffening would help along with better tires for road racing.. If you want to go past that, call Global West or Griggs. They'll make it handle...

key2you

Established Member
I've ran 13.07 1/4 at 109mph w/a 60ft of 2.17. My 03 is completly stock. the only thing done to this was i removed the baffle on the filter housing. Amagine what could be done w/ another 60-80hp on tap. Car has alot of potentional.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
Originally posted by Venom Lover
Sorry, but stock Vipers pull low 12's and upper 11's on the stock Michelins. Cobras with chip/pulley are typically in the upper-12's, maybe mid-12's, unless you put on some ET streets or DRs.

BS, i've seen a stock cobra run 12.6, and heard of several people running mid 12s completely stock. With a chip and pulley they should easily be hitting mid to high 11s

Mowgli

Established Member
Originally posted by Venom Lover
... Cobras with chip/pulley are typically in the upper-12's, maybe mid-12's, unless you put on some ET streets or DRs.

I agree with the rest, but this? Uh, are you on some medication? :) I personally have run a 12.62 with just a K&N, removed silencer, MGW shifter handle, and abit of practice. And I think for that, the shifter handle was all I needed. I'm sure I can go faster in this setup.

Pulley'd Cobras are 11 second cars. Or did you miss the shootout?

:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread