Market Rules

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
1) This section is for posting your own items. Third party sales, such as “I’m posting for a friend”, or “look what I found on eBay” are not allowed.
2) Prices are mandatory.
3) No “testing the waters”. You are either selling your item or you’re not.
4) No cross posting. Posting your item in multiple sections will result in ALL your threads for that item being removed.
5) External links such as, Ebay, Auto Trader, Craigslist, etc will be allowed at the bottom of your thread as long as you meet all the other requirements.
6) Photos of the item are required.
7) At least one photo must include your username and date, handwritten, on a piece of paper or index card with one of your items.
8) Comments about the price or condition of an item are prohibited so long as that information has been disclosed by the seller.
Express your concerns privately if you think the price is too high.

Failure to follow any of the above rules will result in the immediate removal of your thread. If your thread is removed, there will be no notification or explanation sent. You may re-post the item, providing your new thread conforms to the rules stated above, however failure to re-post in accordance of the rules may result in a suspension or removal of your Market privileges. All other SVTPerformance Forum Rules still apply.
This is not a rule, simply advice as scammers have been searching lately.
It is strongly advised to not buy from someone through PM only. If they respond to a WTB add then make them do so publicly.
It is also strongly advised to not post your number in a WTB thread where someone who is not a member can contact you on the side.
You are opening yourself up for scammers.

TFdriver

Established Member
I am not going to unbox something just so I can put a piece of paper on it with a date and whatever else you want to satisfy what I consider a ridiculous rule here on this forum. I have been selling stuff for many decades on many other sites and never had to do this. I was offering something that I thought a Shelby enthusiast might like to have, not everyone has a genuine Shelby Bicycle, but clearly no one on this site will ever know it's for sale because of your rule #7. Just go ahead and terminate my membership, I don't need to be part of a site with such ridiculous rules.

MG0h3

Established Member
I am not going to unbox something just so I can put a piece of paper on it with a date and whatever else you want to satisfy what I consider a ridiculous rule here on this forum. I have been selling stuff for many decades on many other sites and never had to do this. I was offering something that I thought a Shelby enthusiast might like to have, not everyone has a genuine Shelby Bicycle, but clearly no one on this site will ever know it's for sale because of your rule #7. Just go ahead and terminate my membership, I don't need to be part of a site with such ridiculous rules.
How is the buyer supposed to know what's in the box?

As a buyer I would only do this deal if you shipped it to me, I verified the product, then I sent the money.

For regular used items, that rule was put in place because scammers steal photos of similar items and post them like they are theirs.

The rule isn't ridiculous at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Bye

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

josephcostello

Established Member

It's not about the mods trying to be a pain, it's about them creating guidelines that work for most to try to limit the amount of people getting scammed on this site. Yes it's unreasonable in your situation, but for many it's not a big deal.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
You would be very unhappy here. And so would we if you stayed.

Maybe there's another Ford forum with 120 brazilian members to view your pig in a poke for sail/sell/cell/sale/.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I actually wouldn’t do that, because that’s not how it works cry baby. No one said you need to unbox it. Just your username on the box would be fine. I’ll just leave at that.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
ZdorovKirillVladimirovich_0.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL. He complains that the market rules are "ridiculous". Until he gets ripped off and then he'd be the first one to complain about the site not having better safeguards. With only 11 post in 9 years he won't really be missed. @TFdriver, your comments are what's ridiculous. Brad and the other mods/admins do their best to protect our members from getting scammed. You show zero respect for them and those efforts to protect us, and YOU!
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread