mark VIII 03 Cobra swap

phreakness

Established Member
Well its been a while but here are some picture updates that you’ve all been waiting for.

New pretty exhaust that you’ll never see. Kooks mid-length, extra long 02 sensors, 2.5 cats.
exhaust.jpg

new ford parts. Flex plate, stock motor mounts, mark viii oil pan and pickup.
ford%20parts.jpg

aeromotive return fuel system & regulator
fuel%20system.jpg

motors.jpg

….
no%20motor2.jpg

Stainless steel exhaust pipes

ss%20exhaust.jpg

More pictures and updates coming soon….

Last edited:

95kobrah

Established Member
lincoln with 400hp and a 6spd.... SWEET! how are you modding the console to fit a manual shifter?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Sweet pics, gonna be a helluva car. I didn't know the N/A 32V v8 mod motor was so widely used by ford. If its takin up too much room in the garage, ill take if off your hands.

phreakness

Established Member
Red99mustangman said:
So what are you doing with the old engine, giving it away? Can i have it?

A good friend is buying my "old" motor from me plus he's helping me with the swap. sorry

thrillious

Established Member
haha wow you are the second person i know to do this, My friend did it to his Girl friends car, Its sick you will love it.

-Kevin

phreakness

Established Member
sunburned said:
Sweet pics, gonna be a helluva car. I didn't know the N/A 32V v8 mod motor was so widely used by ford. If its takin up too much room in the garage, ill take if off your hands.

engine wont be there for long. my buddy is buying the motor off of me and its only here for refernence. that picture was taken about 30 seconds after it was slid from the car.

phreakness

Established Member
thrillious said:
haha wow you are the second person i know to do this, My friend did it to his Girl friends car, Its sick you will love it.

-Kevin

your friend on the board? I have one question I would like to ask him.

thrillious

Established Member
No he is not, He really isnt a computer person more of an older guy, But i can see if i could find the answer for yea if you would like.

-Kevin

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
sunburned said:
MkVIII was the first w/32v Duratec. 1992?
That's how I snagged my lady. She owned a '93 MkVIII, I just bought a brand new 1996 4V Cobra.

The rest is history...

Last edited:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
I think I have found my dreamcar. Post up as you go, brother. I'd love to get my hands on a clean MarkVIII and blown 4V motor :)

phreakness

Established Member
CPViolation said:
MkVIII was the first w/32v Duratec. 1992?
That's how I snagged my lady. She owned a '95 MkVIII, I just bought a brand new 1996 4V Cobra.

The rest is history...

the mark was the first car with the DOHC 4V, first with the 4R70W, first Modular motor with a factory blower (test mule for what is now known as the 03 cobra motor), first domestic car with HID's, first domestic with active supension, etc. etc. etc.

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
hey phreakness what will you be doing for a computer, you cant use the cobra one cuz it dosent have the tune to run an auto correct? and the mark comp cant run the boosted motor to full potental right? sick idea though my dad and i should have gone with a cobra motor when we put the mark 8 motor in his 93 crown vic! but it runs ok for a big a- car

Users who are viewing this thread