mark VIII 03 Cobra swap

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Nvp1986 said:
This is a good read about the 1993 Mark VIII that Lincoln tested at Bonneville. Just to show the potential the engine had. They made the car slightly more aerodynamic with wheels and removing the mirrors and possibly some other small improvements. However, on the stock engine the car managed a 2 way avg speed of 181.171 mph. It set the land speed record for it's class at that time.

http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/bonneville.htm

Oh and I think that car you are building is gunna be sweet. Definately gunna be one hell of a sleeper.

WOW!!!
That was a GREAT READ!!! THANKS!!!!

That ..... Jerry "JW" Wroblewski sounds familiar...

I wonder if he is related to the Jerry Wroblewski at SCT... or maybe he's the same guy :shrug:

Great article :bowdown: :bowdown: :beer:

everyman

smoke 'em
Jimmysidecarr said:
WOW!!!
That was a GREAT READ!!! THANKS!!!!

That ..... Jerry "JW" Wroblewski sounds familiar...

I wonder if he is related to the Jerry Wroblewski at SCT... or maybe he's the same guy :shrug:

Great article :bowdown: :bowdown: :beer:

Yep, that's J
:bowdown:

I believe he still holds records with his 7 second Oldsmobile too

phreakness

Established Member
SinisterSHO said:
I saw a Mark VIII on ebay with a 4" cowl hood. So, if it wont, options are available. :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'm doing everything I can to keep it with the stock hood. So far with a smaller pulley and a small notch in the hood and it might fit. I've got some prelim measurement and I might be off just under an inch. we'll see.

phreakness

Established Member
the thread have to go dark untill its started and on the road (within the next few days) I've got some import / ricer locally that are trying to sabatoge the project and making things difficult. once its all together I'll have a biiiiig update.

Sorry for the bad news but until the "STFU" pimp hand is put down on some haters I've got to protect the project.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Man, I've always loved the MKVIII's, the 98 LSC the most. I almost bought one years ago, but got a 00 GT 'vert instead. That was the start of my Stang addiction, lol.

Good luck with your project & spit rubber all over those ricers.

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
Sorry to hear people are being gay, cant wait to see the finished product.

phreakness

Established Member
Sorry I havent had a whole lot of updates but my lawyer had me shut up for a while until somehthings get settled

Not to go into to much detail. but a somewhat local import guy that sell plans on other motor swaps (honda's, toyota, etc.) took parts of my technical threads I had been posting, put them into a "plan" using my pictures, and selling them for $200+ as if he had done the swap himself. There is ALOT of information missing from those threads that whomever would want to do the swap would have to figure out on thier own just like I did.

Well I got a call from a very angry customer of his saying that the plans were incomplete and that his plan would have blown up the motor, the car or himself. I told the guy I never sold any plans.

Lawyers got involed, feds are getting involved, its a really big mess.

There will be some video soon of the car running. I've got some exhaust parts on the way then its off to ALOT of tuning.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
phreakness said:
Sorry I havent had a whole lot of updates but my lawyer had me shut up for a while until somehthings get settled

Not to go into to much detail. but a somewhat local import guy that sell plans on other motor swaps (honda's, toyota, etc.) took parts of my technical threads I had been posting, put them into a "plan" using my pictures, and selling them for $200+ as if he had done the swap himself. There is ALOT of information missing from those threads that whomever would want to do the swap would have to figure out on thier own just like I did.

Well I got a call from a very angry customer of his saying that the plans were incomplete and that his plan would have blown up the motor, the car or himself. I told the guy I never sold any plans.

Lawyers got involed, feds are getting involved, its a really big mess.

There will be some video soon of the car running. I've got some exhaust parts on the way then its off to ALOT of tuning.

WTF?! Do people enjoy to steal ideas today more than ever?

phreakness

Established Member
Sapperstang said:
Feds are getting involved? Can't really see it going that far but ok.

selling information off the internet to someone is not illegal. these harrassing and threating calls has several peoples attention.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
phreakness said:
I'm doing everything I can to keep it with the stock hood. So far with a smaller pulley and a small notch in the hood and it might fit. I've got some prelim measurement and I might be off just under an inch. we'll see.
That and what about engine movement from regular driving, or revving it up? Maybe just a tiny little notch would be ok?

That sucks to hear some ass bag is stealing your info and trying to screw people. Keep us updated on the swap and the lawsuit. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread