MAP sensor cleaning

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
since this section is dead as shit just gonna keep posting.

While doing my transcooler lines I figured at 150k it was time to clean the MAP sensors - not sure on the others but a 12 ecoboost has 3:

1) on the neck of the airbox - I dunno what bit removes that so just popped the lid off and hit it maf cleaner
2) inlet pipe right before the TB - uses 2 small security star bits, mine were finger tight
3) in the intake under the engine cover - small metric socket.

the first 2 looked fine, hosed em down anyway. The one the intake was definitely oily and shitty looking (no, I dont have catch cans). It cleaned up fairly well but may order a new motorcraft to compare against. I used the X4 to do a KAM reset and the idle does seem to have smoothed out significantly (i had been checking Mode 6 data for misfire counts and there were none).

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Decided to replace the map sensor, just did it tonight so no drive time with it. First pic is the 150k sensor after cleaning - still has the old engine oil stained color to it vs the new clean one.

IMG_1539.jpeg
IMG_1540.jpeg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I can't say that I'm seeing any notable difference in MPG but some of the idle stumble seems like it's cleared up a bit

Users who are viewing this thread