Map light wiring for HomeLink - positive/negative wires? pic attached

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I need to identify the positive and negative wires to splice in to for my HomeLink garage door opener in the sun visor. Can anyone identify which wires I need to use in my map light (with security system)?

Map Light.JPG

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I think the yellow/green wire is 12v to the map light as it splits off and routes back to the white wire to each light. The Black/blue wire splits to the black wire in the map light. Thoughts?

99SSls1

Established Member
I just hooked it up and checked it. I did accidentally blow the 5 amp fuse during the process that caused my abs light to stay until I figured it out.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
All wired up:

White with blue stripe is 12V power.

Black is ground.

HomeLink works without the key in the ignition now when I hit each button just like the remote trunk release I added to the glove box area.

DaFreak

Established Member
All wired up:

White with blue stripe is 12V power.

Black is ground.

HomeLink works without the key in the ignition now when I hit each button just like the remote trunk release I added to the glove box area.

Awesome e! I want to do the same. What year are you? How long did the change take?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
2008. It only takes about 30 minutes to do the swap. I soldered 14 gauge wire to the sun visor, put heat shrink tube over the soldering, fished it to the map light after putting some mesh wire loom over the wires.

If I did it again, I'd solder the wires to the map light while I had it off the car instead of the sun visor wires and use 18 gauge. It would be easier to splice into the sun visor wires while you are inside the car vs the map light due to the awkward angle. Not being able to solder the map lights, I had to splice them and tape over the connection. The wires are 18/20 gauge so I had to be careful. I did not want to use t-taps or scotchloks and risk cutting the wires....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread