Manual seat track swap possible?

Action Bronson

Established Member
I agree, I hate how slow the seats move.

On that same website, the corbeau seats themselves state that you need to get their track for the seat to work. I'm assuming they're not backwards compatible either.

"All Corbeau seats require proper seat tracks per designated year. These seats will not fit factory seat tracks. Proper Corbeau seats tracks will need to be purchased."

Personally, I'd just go with a set of the LG1 seats and tracks because they look great and I wish I had gotten the Recaro's from the get go. But I know that route is a lot more $$.

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
The corbeau seat tracks are so cheaply made. I almost threw mine across my shop because I hate them so much.

phil h

Established Member
If any of u have swapped out tracks i need a pass side power seat track. Might even consider a manual too.

Paul.

Established Member
Yes, it is definitely possible to swap from power to manual. I converted my Recaros from manual to heated/power in the thread below, and know the reverse is possible.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/svt-shelby-gt500-150/909957-my-frpp-recaros-just-came.html

You would need a set of manual seat tracks, would need to modify the driver side metal seat base in order to accommodate the seat height adjuster that comes on the driver side manual track. (at least the ones that were on my Recaro tracks) Driver and passenger tracks are different because the driver seat has the height adjuster, and the passenger doesn't.

In this pic, you can see the seat height adjuster. Note how there is a recess in the metal seat base to accommodate this. This recess does not exist in the OEM seat bases. However, it wouldn't be extraordinary difficult (in my opinion) to cut away some of the seat base to make it fit.
IMG_1175_zpsa17d1cb7.jpg

Here you can see the shape of the OEM seat base.
IMG_1177_zpsf6cfd8de.jpg

Here is a power base next to a manual one, all blown apart.
SeatTrackDisassembled_zps8c9899df.jpg

Anyway, if you read through TOB's thread in detail, you'll get a really good idea how everything comes apart and what would be involved. I would sell my manual seat bases along with the trim that you'd need to make everything look factory if you're interested.

Paul.

tvanlant

Established Member
Driver and passenger tracks are different because the driver seat has the height adjuster, and the passenger doesn't.

So if I didn't care about the height adjuster, could I use a passenger manual seat track on my drivers seat?

Paul.

Established Member
So if I didn't care about the height adjuster, could I use a passenger manual seat track on my drivers seat?

No, I don't believe so. The seats are left and right, and bolt into the car as such. Plus, the seat belt latches are bolted in left and right, and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread