Mantic Clutch

Toolsplusmore

Established Member
Question for those who have bought a Mantic Clutch for their 03/04 cobra. Did they include the mechanical throwout (release bearing)? I got my new clutch in the mail today and it has the GT500 OEM hydraulic throwout bearing in it. Now I am worried that I got the entirely wrong clutch kit from Mantic. What was included in the kit you purchased?

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I got the correct throw out bearing in my Mantic kit but I used a Ford Racing throw out bearing instead of the one in the kit.
The Mantic 9000 part numbers for the 03-04 Cobras are
26 spline M921240
10 spline M921239

Hope this helps.

Toolsplusmore

Established Member
Is the part number anywhere on the clutch itself? The only part number I see is a sticker on the case with the part number handwritten on it. I’ve reached out to Mantic with no reply as of yet.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
FWIW the clutches are probably the same for the 03/04 and GT500. As long as the bolt pattern is the same you'll be good.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I wanted a Mantic since I saw them at SEMA several years ago, when I needed a stout clutch I didnt see a mustang kit yet so I went with the RXT. Glad they are catering to fords now too

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Is the part number anywhere on the clutch itself? The only part number I see is a sticker on the case with the part number handwritten on it. I’ve reached out to Mantic with no reply as of yet.
Give Geoff Gerko a call. He is the US Mantic rep and will let you know if you have the right kit. 919-500-9460

Hope that helps. Also like said above the discs could be interchangeable but the fly wheels are not. On the Cobra kit the pressure plate bolts, bolt through the pressure plate, the drive blocks and into the flywheel from the front unlike the kits that have hydraulic throw out bearings where as the bolts go in from the back of the flywheel into a machined groove and though the drive blocks . Then the pressure plate is installed and you tighten it down with nuts that go on the bolts that were installed from the back of the flywheel and through the drive blocks. The Cobra kit is assembled from the pressure plate to the flywheel where as the kits with the hydraulic throw out bearing are assembled from the flywheel to the pressure plate. The Cobra kit bolts the pressure plate into the flywheel so the clutch fork has clearance. (meaning that the nuts used in the other kits wont clear the clutch fork) I hope that makes sense. Check out this video and you will see what I mean. In the video the clutch they are assembling is for a hydraulic throw out bearing. The cobra kit gets built in reverse of the one in the video.

Users who are viewing this thread