Manslaughter or self-defense??

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If that is what his ex wife lives he has every right to be that at the appointed time to pick up his son as he explained in the video. He wasn’t just there “ trespassing acting rambunctious “ . You can clearly here him having a dispute with his ex wife and didn’t threaten nor talk to the step dad until the step dad escalated the situation by going to get a rifle.

From that point yes you have a case to make of self-defense, but to ignore everything before that is naive

LOL... you probably though Kyle R. Was guilty too.....

JWExperience

Established Member
There are subject factors to consider like the relative size of the father or any combative training he has which would go towards the boyfriend feeling the need to grab the gun but I say the father was warned and the kids weren’t there so there was no reason to stay and escalate. When you refuse to leave and start threatening to take my weapon and use it on me while physically bumping me. Then you actually try to take my weapon, I don’t have to fight fair. I understand the hesitation people have about the shooter grabbing his gun but if it’s a legally owned gun then it’s good to go. It’s his property and he’s free to do as he pleases as far as I’m concerned. The father should have taken the hint instead of escalating the situation. Most reasonable people, on someone else’s property, see the gun and walk. He ****ed around and found out!
All that being said, I also noticed how calm the shooter was after with no regard for the dying body next to him and that he looked like he was smiling during the altercation, that won’t look good for him. It does seem like there’s definitely a ton more to the story.
I think the shooter grabbing the gun is like rittenhouse, a 17 year old kid, going to a blm protest with a rifle. Prob not the best idea but doesn’t make him wrong in the case of self defense. I wouldn’t have grabbed my gun for the old boozer, just so I can shoot his ass and have my pistol caliber carbine sitting in evidence for years???? F-that!!!! Ground and pound em! Self defense!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
i dunno, if im arguing with someone and they go in the house to get a weapon and then exit his house while im in his property and tells me to leave, im going to leave. thats just not the time to try and be billy badass, he turned in to billy deadass pretty quick. if you grab someones gun while theyre holding it, that becomes self defense right away imo.

the worst part about it is that none of that had to happen. that was a pissing match gone wrong.

MG0h3

Established Member
i dunno, if im arguing with someone and they go in the house to get a weapon and then exit his house while im in his property and tells me to leave, im going to leave. thats just not the time to try and be billy badass, he turned in to billy deadass pretty quick. if you grab someones gun while theyre holding it, that becomes self defense right away imo.

the worst part about it is that none of that had to happen. that was a pissing match gone wrong.

Good post.

If you keep going to the barber shop, you’re gonna get a haircut.

Unfortunately the child support and visitation system is broken and these two dudes let it get the best of them.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Edit…..

Won’t go down the rabbit hole with you. Just try to have your small brain focus on ALL the facts of this situation

alright jackkaz, don’t get handled while out and about. Lol

P.S: your emotions aren’t “facts”...

quad

Established Member
In Texas that is probably self defense. He told him to leave his property and the dad refused and was getting combative. He didn't walk out shooting and used the gun as a show of force in which the dad then escalated the situation with physical contact. The main issue is that it is on the shooters property. If the dad and step mom had an issue then they should have called police and had them resolve the issue. If this was in my state though I wouldn't be analyzing it in this way whatsoever.
He was there to pick up his son I believe. They had joined custody I think. So he had every expectation and right to go to the front door and pick up his son. Ex wife and stepdad are wrong here from the looks of it. But the father should have left when the other guy came out with a gun.

quad

Established Member
Self defense all day long. You don’t get to come into another man’s property, start acting all rambunctious, make threats and put hands on the man while he has repeatedly asked you to leave.

trespasser threatened home owner, advanced on him, made threats, put hands on him and his rifle... done son!

Likely a liberal ******. Thought it be a good idea to **** around, but instead found out.
He was there to pick up his son. Why was the son not released by the ex wife into the dad’s custody?

blk02edge

Established Member
Hmmm, tough one. I can understand if the father is being withheld from his rights to his son, but not knowing the full story I cant make a judgement.

Wild how few ****s anyone gave about the dude being shot dead though.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
He was there to pick up his son. Why was the son not released by the ex wife into the dad’s custody?

It doesn’t matter if he was there to pick up his son, pet and feed lamas or praise the lord and savior Jesus Christ... he couldn’t go to someone else’s property, start to show aggression, make threats and then go hands on while the owner of said property has his rifle out (which is his right in Texas)....

dude ****ed up... should have either called the police if he felt so inclined or fought the battle in court...

that was about as smart as trying to pick a fight with a cop during a traffic stop for an “unfair” ticket... lol

quad

Established Member
It doesn’t matter if he was there to pick up his son, pet and feed lamas or praise the lord and savior Jesus Christ... he couldn’t go to someone else’s property, start to show aggression, make threats and then go hands on while the owner of said property has his rifle out (which is his right in Texas)....

dude ****ed up... should have either called the police if he felt so inclined or fought the battle in court...

that was about as smart as trying to pick a fight with a cop during a traffic stop for an “unfair” ticket... lol
Everyone including the twink were wrong. Why the hell was the kid not there at the agreed time? If he was somewhere else they should have called and brought his ass back immediately. There are too many questions about this case. This all would have been avoided if the kid was there when they agreed to leave with his dad. You have to go back and look at what started everything.

You can't instigate a situation with someone and get them all riled up and then go and get your gun and shoot them when they are not thinking straight. At the same time I agree the dead dad should have been more wise and paid for it with his life.

I still think the twink and the ex slut whore wife are pieces of shit.

C2tuck

Established Member
I feel sorry for the kid. You moms boyfriend or whatever just smoked your dad…that kid will be ****ed for the rest of his life.

About 8 years ago I went through something very similar with my ex-wife keeping my daughter from me. This went on for almost a year. I would go down on my weekends to pick her up and have a door slammed in my face by her then step-dad. I’d call the cops every single time and file a report, to the point the cops literally got tired of me calling but wouldn’t do anything since they rarely, if ever, get involved in civil matters.

I had a lawyer keep telling me to be the bigger man, a couple close friends that always said, just say when, and an amazing girlfriend who always let me know she had my bail money ready.

Once I got to where I couldn’t take it anymore (and was literally having homicidal ideations) I met with my lawyer and told him if I didn’t get to see my daughter the next time I went down there, that I was going to beat him within inches of his life, probably in his living room after I kicked the door in.

His response was, well what good is that going to do?

I told him, well for starters I’ll feel a shitload better, and secondly, I promise he’ll never **** with me ever again.

Luckily they called and set up my visitation a couple days later and it didn’t come to that.

Point being…we don’t know how long this guys been putting up with this shit from his Ex-wife and her new man. We don’t know if dead guy already beat his ass once and he was scared for his life. We don’t know the back story.

I’d love to agree that I would leave if someone pulled a gun, but I’m not so sure I would when I’m there fighting to see my kiddo.

My ex-wife’s, new ex husband is/was a little bitch. To the point he would literally shake when I was around after all this. Had he pulled a gun, I could definitely see myself taking it from him in the moment. Thankful I never had to find that out, wouldn’t have ended good either way.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Shooting at someones feet who is on ur property clearly with the intent to cause u bodily harm seems reasonable to me. Then the intruder grabs for the mans weapon?

So what was the guy gonna do when he took the weapon from the guy? That will be the guys defense in court and it will be an excellent one.

1.) Guy is trespassing on private property.
2.) Cleary looking for a confrontation.
3.) Is warned with a gun shot to leave. Refuses.
4.) Grabs for firearm and struggle ensues.
5.) At this point its a struggle for life and death.
6.) Intruder loses.......

JWExperience

Established Member
He was there to pick up his son I believe. They had joined custody I think. So he had every expectation and right to go to the front door and pick up his son. Ex wife and stepdad are wrong here from the looks of it. But the father should have left when the other guy came out with a gun.

If you listen to the beginning, it sounds like the father went to the boyfriends house not moms. Also explains why he had the carbine readily available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am no lawyer, and I am sure there are other facts that we do not have access to right now, but my gut feeling is that the shooter gets charged with manslaughter.
I am probably wrong, just my initial reaction. We will see how this plays out in court.

quad

Established Member
Chad Read's widow:

They started a petition:

rDAhdcMjnIaLrOq-800x450-noPad.jpg

I am willing to bet his kids are now not a fan of the ex-wife or her twink boyfriend.

quad

Established Member
from 4chan:

Apparently the manlet has a son of his own? So he's raising his own son and another man's son.

This is Judge Ann-Marie Carruth. She's Kyle Carruth's wife. The woman in the video of the shooting is his mistress.

Her website: http://electcarruth.com/about.html

Her site is now down. So the shooter is not even divorced from his wife who is a judge! This thing is a mess. Curious to see how this develops.

1638015057469.jpeg

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member

If they had llamas to pet and feed it wouldn't have escalated to a shooting.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I think people are getting their feelings mixed in with this one because it might hit close to home... and like it was mentioned... the poor innocent kids are ****ed now.... all because grown men chose to not be the bigger person...

But reality is that legally, the home owner was within his rights to act as he did..

it might seem cold blooded to some, but nevertheless, it is an awful idea to get into a tussle while in someone else’s property, while trespassing, while the other dude is holding a rifle... can’t believe I have to say that.

are you gonna put your life in another man’s hands by allowing him to take out his rage upon you and possibly beat you within an inch of your life?

Do we know what the background of these two guys was and what other previous encounters they might have had?

It’s sad, but such is life...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread