Manley H-beam rods / ARP 2000 question

Gruca

Established Member
So my machine shop ordered my rotating assembly and bought my Manley rods but didn’t get the ARP 2000 bolts (because I forgot to tell him to). He balances my rods/pistons/crank, and I got it all back yesterday. So I decided I wanted ARP 2000 rod bolts and went ahead and ordered them.

My question is, will the ARP 2000s extra 5ft lbs of torque cause the rod housing bore to change too much that I would need to get them machined? Have any of you just replaced the 8740 bolts with ARP 2000 bolts without issue?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You won't need to rebalance. Just swap them and don't think anymore about it. I actually did the same thing with my 2004 Cobra when I built my aluminator. Ordered the wrong bolts, but wanted to get everything assembled. Once the new bolts came in, (ARP 2000) I swapped them out. There was no vibration from that engine at all making north of 700whp, and spinning to 7,200 rpm.

Gruca

Established Member
You won't need to rebalance. Just swap them and don't think anymore about it. I actually did the same thing with my 2004 Cobra when I built my aluminator. Ordered the wrong bolts, but wanted to get everything assembled. Once the new bolts came in, (ARP 2000) I swapped them out. There was no vibration from that engine at all making north of 700whp, and spinning to 7,200 rpm.

No issue with rod bearing clearances either?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Shouldn't be. Torque spec doesn't necessarily specify the exact clamping force that is applied. Different materials have different specs for different reasons, mainly in the application due to stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread