Man kills 1 of 3 armed robbers in bar.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Shots fired at Chesapeake bar | WAVY.com | Chesapeake

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) - Roger's Sports Pub is your typical neighbor bar, but Friday night the noise wasn't coming from a band.

"Everybody was chilling, all the sudden a black guy runs in with a ski mask and shoots in the air," one witness told WAVY.com.

At the time, Roger's was full of people. Witnesses say two additional masked man followed.

"A guy ran in, put his arms around me and said, 'Get on the floor'," witness Steve Perry said."'I thought it was one of my friends messing with me. He put a gun to the back of my neck and that's when I hit the ground."

According to those in the bar at the time, all three men were armed.

"He was just telling me empty my pockets," Perry added." I told him not to shoot me, because I got a newborn son and then he got shot right in front of me, dead."

Witnesses say a patron shot and killed one of the suspect. Bullets were flying and a familiar face was also hit.

"They shot Sonny," one witness screamed. "Sonny got shot."

The other two suspects ran away.

"I've never seen anything like that," Perry said.

Police say the two men who fled possibly left in a light blue Ford Taurus. Police have not confirmed that the shooting began as a robbery attempt.

+1 for bar carry.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Wisconsin has bar carry if the establishment hasn't prohibited it, but no consumption of alcohol. Not sure what other state laws are, I'm sure they vary greatly. But awesome story.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Nothing worse than alcohol + weapons but if someone isn't drinking I would have no problem with them carrying. Pita to enforce though. :/.

Couldn't tell but it sounded like someone innocent got shot? Not sure I like the outcome assuming if someone hadnt shot the first guy its possible no one would have been hurt.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
"Bar Carry" is misleading in VA. We don't have traditional bars here in NoVA, you have to also serve food. So if you disallow carrying in a place that serves alcohol youve effectively banned carrying in all restaurants. Obviously you can't drink yourself, but don't picture this is walking into a bar that only serves alcohol.

mysterio

Established Member
"Bar Carry" is misleading in VA. We don't have traditional bars here in NoVA, you have to also serve food. So if you disallow carrying in a place that serves alcohol youve effectively banned carrying in all restaurants. Obviously you can't drink yourself, but don't picture this is walking into a bar that only serves alcohol.

You are correct, but it's not just limited to NoVA, I'm pretty sure it's all over the state, in that an establishment must serve food.

WAVY TV article should have said 'restaurant' to be more accurate, but let's be honest and admit that it's a bit more sensational to say 'bar' or 'night spot,' 'sports bar,' etc.

That place isn't too far from me; I"ll have to ask around to see if there's any more info or back story to this.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
You are correct, but it's not just limited to NoVA, I'm pretty sure it's all over the state, in that an establishment must serve food.

WAVY TV article should have said 'restaurant' to be more accurate, but let's be honest and admit that it's a bit more sensational to say 'bar' or 'night spot,' 'sports bar,' etc.

That place isn't too far from me; I"ll have to ask around to see if there's any more info or back story to this.

figured it was state wide, but i only have personal experience in nova so i didn't want to speak out of turn. thanks for the added info.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Nothing worse than alcohol + weapons but if someone isn't drinking I would have no problem with them carrying. Pita to enforce though. :/.

Couldn't tell but it sounded like someone innocent got shot? Not sure I like the outcome assuming if someone hadnt shot the first guy its possible no one would have been hurt.

Or the BGs would have killed more people. Obviously their guns were loaded. If someone is willing to put a gun to your head, why should you believe they wouldnt pull the trigger. I see where you are coming from, BUT I will never trust my life to a felon.

Too bad the other 2 werent stopped as well.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I bar tended 25 years ago, we had a sawed-off pump 12 gauge on top of the beer cooler under the bar. Never once pulled it out, thank God.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
So now we know what Steve Perry has been up to since leaving Journey...

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
the carrying of weapons in a bar is different in many states, however i personally think if you are a law abiding citizen you should be allowed to protect yourself regardless of where you are. so good for this guy shooting the armed robber

2010 Red&white

Established Member
In Michigan you can't carry if you drink at all. ( Seems like a good sensible rule ) And you can carry in a bar if 50% or more of bar income is from food and not single drink service. The only thing to stop a Bad Guy with a gun is a Good guy with a gun. It sucks that some people think they can take from others by force.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Or the BGs would have killed more people. Obviously their guns were loaded. If someone is willing to put a gun to your head, why should you believe they wouldnt pull the trigger. I see where you are coming from, BUT I will never trust my life to a felon.

Too bad the other 2 werent stopped as well.

I agree with you, guess I'm just very torn on the subject. It's one he'll of a decision to pull a weapon let alone use it. Always hope I'm never in a position where it would be required. Of course I live in Illinois where only criminals and law enforcement can have guns. Since I'm neither ill just have to trust the criminals not to shoot. :/

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Here in Fl you can't carry in a bar that just serves alcohol; but if it serves food also as long as you're not sitting AT the bar you're ok.
Of course you shouldn't be drinking and carrying to start with.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I'm pretty sure you can carry in a bar, as long as you don't drink.

This incident is a few miles from my house.

Young Thunder Cats in Hampton Roads have been killing and robbing folks left and right recently.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
those assholes should've put more effort into finding jobs than robbing innocent people. shame they didn't all the bullet to the dome. no sympathy from me.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Ohio is slowly moving towards better carry laws. But as one would expect the crazies are fighting it like mad.

Nice to see a win for the good guy though.

StangJason

Established Member
Sounds like the good guy won but it's too bad an innocent got shot and two of the bad guys got away.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
From all the discussion, I'm gathering that if you're one of the 'perps,' see how many people are in the bar are drinking Club Soda. If there are any, hit the next one. Ditto for 'Village People' moustaches. (outside of certain places)

Classic 'casing the joint' fail, as I see it.

And, if this works, every bar could have several people downing Shirley Temples in plain sight (Designated Drinkers) to ward off the more thoughtful felons.

It's a part of Virginia's new "Drinking for Safety" program.

-Whimsy off-

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Texas is the 51% sign... if that is not posted, then your game... (theres plenty of bars where im from where they dont have the sign) I take mine only if im not drinking...otherwise it stays in the car

Users who are viewing this thread