Man In Wheelchair Brandishing Knife Shot 9 Times

2011fiveliter

Established Member
I think the officers use of force will be viewed justified. Even though it doesn't look good to the average person. The standard will be what would a reasonable officer do in the same situation. The jeopardy triangle would be met, opportunity, ability and intent. Subject had a deadly weapon, and with that being said. Officers are not required to use any force less than deadly at that time.

For those saying they could of tazed him. Please go watch the Jacob Blake shooting. The officers in that case, tazed Jacob twice. He walked right through the tazing. Tazers are not the end all tool here.

And just because the officer's shot suspect from behind does not mean a thing. They shot at a time, when there was people in immiment danger. Their lives might not of been in danger. But, the people who are in the store could of been in danger.

As usual, the best practice is to wait until all facts are out about the shooting. And allow all facts be given to a jury and allow them to apply the facts to the statutes.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Ya'll read all the comments under the video?

yeah... everyone is down for death sentencing the cop....

seen many a leo denounce the cop on the video as well....

I think the wheelchair threw everyone for a loop! Lol

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Still waiting to see what the intent of pulling a knife is.

Maybe he had a fish to clean.

Or was going to whittle a canoe out of some lumber.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Random thought. I think it was you that posted many years ago of a dude with a machete in Colombia (?) that took out a bunch of cops that where following him. I just remember watching that video and thinking “knife did a damn good job in that gun fight”.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Random thought. I think it was you that posted many years ago of a dude with a machete in Colombia (?) that took out a bunch of cops that where following him. I just remember watching that video and thinking “knife did a damn good job in that gun fight”.

poorly trained cops that hesitated.... they got demolished...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
you don’t **** around with a guy that is wielding a knife.... even when you have a gun... he can easily take you out.

MG0h3

Established Member

Don’t think that was me but possible. We get some gruesome stuff at work lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I don’t know.

I agree that the shooting looked pretty violent and will be shocking to a jury, if things go that way.

Curious if they knew who he was/criminal history.

Regardless, I believe that will be entered in court.

So you’ve got a violent felon that is resisting arrest and approaching a store/person with a knife.

I mean I wish he would have walked up behind him and hit him on top of the head with his baton. If it worked but didn’t kill him, maybe we’d be allowed to do that if appropriate.

Maybe next time he’d be driving the wheelchair with a straw like Chris Reeves. Be harder to pull a knife as a quadriplegic.

I think the shoot was authorized, the amount of rounds will be the issue even though one through the upper left quadrant would do the trick most likely.

I guess its more of the amount of shots that made it look much worse. And the video angles didn't help either. As for the lady. Shes pretty stupid. If you were in fear of your life. She should of been running. Instead look like dear in head lights.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I guess its more of the amount of shots that made it look much worse. And the video angles didn't help either. As for the lady. Shes pretty stupid. If you were in fear of your life. She should of been running. Instead look like dear in head lights.
Yeah she was in his path of bullets. Luckily Mr. Man took them all and the Cop didn't miss.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So.....an armed suspect turning from police and running towards his girlfriend that he had a violent argument with moments earlier is considered FLEEING? Are you stating an opinion, or a fact? :unsure: Truth is, you don't know. That guy could very well have been wanting to kill someone in the store. He could just as easily be identified as an active aggressor as he could a fleeing suspect. The key could very well be the weapon in his hand while heading back into the store.

Well based on the video and currently the only evidence i have to go by. That would be a fact that he was fleeing based on that. There is nothing in the evidence provided in that video thay shows he was active aggressor. Now the opinion comes from everyone involved in this thread having all these thoughts of what he was or was not thinking.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The other wrench in this scenario is would you trust that the guy is legit handicapped?

I know I wouldn’t ....

then again, I wouldn’t unload 8, pause and then #9 for good measure... lol

wheelchair guy got what was coming to him and cop’s career is gone!
Thats exactly what this situation is.

MG0h3

Established Member

That’s what happens when you’ve never encountered certain situations.

Takes a minute to even process what’s going on.

I’ve had people stop halfway in a freeway lane and exit the vehicle before I was even stopped behind them. Ended up on the ground at gun point. Why did they do that? Never been pulled over before.

Ironically, training can cause “training scars” which are basically bad habits or incorrect programmed responses.

That was my first thought when I saw him fire that many rounds. He was expecting the subject to stop/fall and due to the seated position, that didn’t happen.

Oh well. We’ll see what happens. I wish the officer hadn’t fired that many rounds, for everybody’s sake. But as usual, crazy legs had a LONG time and a lot of chances to follow simple commands.

Users who are viewing this thread