Man Dead After Drag Strip Crash

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
lrcrash.jpg

TTLE RIVER-ACADEMY (September 12, 2014) A man is dead after an accident at a drag strip racetrack in Bell County.

The Bell County Sheriffs Department confirms the man lost control of his car at the Little River Dragway Friday night.

The man has been identified as Allen Mouton of Killeen.

Lt. Donnie Adams of the Bell County Sheriff's Office says the driver was making a single-car run down the drag strip when he hit the guard rail at the halfway point before hitting a tree.

The strip was open for racing tonight.

No other injuries were reported.

LINK: http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Crash-At-Drag-Strip-Leaves-Man-Dead-274984801.html?device=phone#.VBPGQnTvN0E.facebook

Rest in Peace!

I hope the family finds the person who decided to leave that tree against the track....

Last edited:

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
After looking at this video, the track is lined with trees. I have not been to enough tracks to know if this is unusual but it seems like a bad idea.

[youtube_browser]04A5SUhTBW4[/youtube_browser]

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
That track is shit. They literally took an old section of an old 2 lane county road that used to run through there and turned it into a track. As you can see, there are trees lining the track, shit for guardrails, the lanes are super narrow, and the last time I was there (around 07-08), there was a nasty dip on the big end of the track that would kinda make your butthole pucker up going over it at speed. It's one thing to have a dip in the road when it's a county hwy with a 50 mph speed limit but it's another when you have cars going 100+ plus in that section. Also, there is no room to drive around the burn out box so you were forced to drive through it and leave water on the track with your front tires. The runoff area was pretty tight as well. I remember having to almost stand on the brakes to make the turn off and I was only trapping 115'ish at that time.

You can see how this used to be the old section of road.

Q9FQugK.png

Charlington

Established Member
There are a lot less trees then there were a few years ago before a tornado took them out along with the stands and pedestrian bridge crossing over the track. The only track I've ever been too with shade trees or shade of any kind. Mostly huge Pecan trees. Little River is the name of the tributary along the west side and behind the start end of the track. Just across that other fence you drop down about 30ft to the river. Railroad tracks at the other end of the track. It's a very old track from the 50's I think. The town Sherrif was murdered recently. Track ownership has changed several times over the last few years. Every Friday night is Test & Tune. Lots of kids that have to be reminded to turn their AC off to keep the start from getting wet.
RIP

02 WIFE

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread