Makita 9227C Rotary & other products

Danny281

Established Member
I decided to sell my Makita 9227C in order to get the Festool Shinex. Payments via Paypal also it would benefit the buyer if you send it via Gift if not add 3% to the amount. PM me for my information

First one is the Makita 9227C. I have only used it on a handful of details. $155 plus shipping (will ship in a USPS flat rate box for best price). It comes with the Bail handle, Side handle, Allen Wrench, Makita Backing Plate and I will throw in a new Lake Country 6.5" Red CCS finishing pad if you want it. I can also throw in a CG Evolve4R 5" backing plate... but it did mess up on me when I tried using it on the PC a little. I repaired it with some RTV and it held up the last time I use itm but it its really up to the buyer if you want it.

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

The 5" 3M Perfect it III backing plate in the pictures is not included in the sale with the Makita but it is for sale individually. Its brand new and never been used. I bought it from Phil at Detailers Domain for $70 plus shipping but I am selling it for $60 plus shipping in a flat rate envelope or flate rate box which ever the buyer prefers. I would keep this but since its a 3/8" thread it wont fit the Festool Shinex I need to import the same one but in the M14 thread for it.

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0213.jpg

The small 3" backing plate is the Uber backing plate it can be used with any US rotary or DA polisher since it came the adapter for both. Price lowered to $10 plus shipping since I dont remember what I bought if for from Phil at Detailers Domain and he doesn't carry it now. (I'll ship in a flat rate envelope for a lower cost)

IMAG0235.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

As for the Porter Cable 7424XP it has been......SOLD

3M Superbuff III 2 Plus 2 Wool Pad with 3M Superbuff 05710 5/8" Superbuff Adapter I purchased this locally from an Automotive refinish shop to use on a 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT/CS that I corrected which had an extremely hard clear which was taking me hours to correct with yellow Ubers and M105, it was even harder than my ML 350's. I only used it that one time for half the vehicle and then hand washed it, it really cut hours out of the correction, I would keep it but it wont fit the Shinex. Together they ran me $40 price lowered to $25 plus shipping (will ship in a flat rate envelope)

IMAG0293.jpg

IMAG0294.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

Optimum Polish II and Optimum Compound both are 75% full they are 8 oz sizes. $15 for both plus shipping (I'll ship in a flat rate box or flat rate envelope if liquids are allowed for a lower cost)

IMAG0305.jpg

IMAG0306.jpg

Edge 5" D/A backing plate $5 plus shipping (I'll ship in a small flat rate envelope for a lower cost)

IMAG0303.jpg

IMAG0304.jpg

I am selling these items because I am looking to get this. :thumb:

Shinex-groot325.jpg

Last edited:

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
BTW the Festool rotary's/da's are more of wood working tools. They are not generally known to handle that much abuse. If you are only detailing rarely for personal vehicles it will probably handle it...but they are not the strongest of tools. Just figured I would give you a heads up if you have not looked into them much.

Danny281

Established Member
I have done my research on it man. I know many professional detailers that use them on a day to day basis, solely for paint correction and they are still running strong. The Shinex Rap 150 FE was made for paint correction as well a wood working. Swissvax detailers solely uses their rotaries and d/a's for paint correction. I have heard that a few detailers have had them sometimes over heat but it has a fail safe for that in about a minute or 2 you can start polishing again, but it isn't a common occurrence.:)

Last edited:

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
I have done my research on it man. I know many professional detailers that use them on a day to day basis, solely for paint correction and they are still running strong. The Shinex Rap 150 FE was made for paint correction as well a wood working. Swissvax detailers solely uses their rotaries and d/a's for paint correction. I have heard that a few detailers have had them sometimes over heat but it has a fail safe for that in about a minute or 2 you can start polishing again, but it isn't a common occurrence.:)

Dam really? Reason I have not gotten one and stick with my Dewalt, Flex and Griots is because I have heard nothing but bad things about them. Guess I just hear all the bad luck stories...which hell that's common. You can find 10 bad experiences with something for every 1 good experiences.

But the Swissvax guys really do not care. The next most expense da or rotary that comes out, they will use.

Danny281

Established Member
I will let you know how I like it once I get it in and if I experience any issues with it. I also personally love the Makita, its a great rotary, and its pretty light compared to other rotaries. But for vertical panels its a bit heavy for me because I have a bad back to use after several hours of compounding and polishing since all the weight is on the front of the the 9227. But for others this is a great machine. The Rap 150 FE is better weight distribution which is why I am interested in it, and the RPM's are more in tune with paint correction since it starts at 400 and goes up to 2100. The only bad thing is that the spindle is a M14 thread and not a 3/8" even though its the US version so I am going to have to import the 5" 3M perfect it III in the M14 backing plate from Elite car care in the UK because my 3/8" on wont work with it, also the fact that it costs $400 to $360 to get it is a bit much. I could go with the Flex PE which is very similar but weighs 1 lb more and be able to use all the items I have for sale here. But after talking to many pros that have both, all say they reach for the Rap 150 FE instead of the Flex PE.

Last edited:

Danny281

Established Member
Optimum Polishes and Uber 3" backing plate sold. I really need the Makita gone if anyone is interested PM me:)

Users who are viewing this thread