Making the switch, but have a few questions.

bb97gt

Established Member
So recently ethanol has become available in my area:banana:, and I will be making the switch. I'm shooting for 700whp with my Whipple 2.3. I have a set of 80lb injectors on the way so I'm all set on that front. However, I know I need to adjust for about 30% more fuel, so would Lethal's twin Walbro return style suffice? I am assuming it will, however I would just like some more opinions. Also for you guys making the power level, what pulley combinations are you running? I currently have the stock pulley on my Gen. II Whipple and a 4lb lower.

Thanks for any input guys, as always it is greatly appreciated!:beer:

Last edited:

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
So recently ethanol has become available in my area:banana:, and I will be making the switch. I'm shooting for 700whp with my Whipple 2.3. I have a set of 80lb injectors on the way so I'm all set on that front. However, I know I need to adjust for about 30% more fuel, so would Lethal's twin Walbro return style suffice? I am assuming it will, however I would just like some more opinions. Also for you guys making the power level, what pulley combinations are you running? I currently have the stock pulley on my Gen. II Whipple and a 4lb lower.

Thanks for any input guys, as always it is greatly appreciated!:beer:

I think the Twins will work. I'm going a similar route and just went triple to be safe. On the KB's a 4lb/3.0 will make 21 psi. Hope that helps a little.

jamescb77

Established Member
a guy a while back can't think of his name right now made 753 with the twin return setup and a boost a pump on them. I have heard the BAP on the walbros aren't good but i guess he never had any problems with it

Teej281

Established Member
triple pump to be safe. Also, wire the third pump in like you would a BAP that it only comes on while in boost to keep from superheating the fuel by running all three pumps at the same time.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
triple pump to be safe. Also, wire the third pump in like you would a BAP that it only comes on while in boost to keep from superheating the fuel by running all three pumps at the same time.

You state a lot of weird things here.....

I have never heard of super heating gas, E85 burns cooler than regular gas so even if you do manage to "superheat" the fuel won't really matter once it hits the combustion chamber. I assume your referring to a hobbs switch to turn on the third pump? Oh and if the hobbs switch fails- bye bye motor

Plus the way a Hobbs switch works, is nothing like a how a boost-a-pump works, A BAP makes your pumps run at full power more efficiently(in its most basic terms). A BAP also makes the pumps hotter. The only downside to running three pumps full time will be gas mileage.

Users who are viewing this thread