Make your own Oil Seperator for $21

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorchRedSVT

Established Member
Thought I would point this out

In case you decide to go this route Z28Eater, if you use a compressor style oil filter you will probably need to remove the "water" valve at the bottom of the bowl because it is designed for positive pressure from a compressor line and not vacuum, so when I first installed it I had a vacuum leak at the valve at the bottom. The hardware store sells these little brass caps, and you can take the valve apart at the bottom and install the brass cap on the threaded part with some RTV to keep it from leaking.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
In case you decide to go this route Z28Eater, if you use a compressor style oil filter you will probably need to remove the "water" valve at the bottom of the bowl because it is designed for positive pressure from a compressor line and not vacuum, so when I first installed it I had a vacuum leak at the valve at the bottom. The hardware store sells these little brass caps, and you can take the valve apart at the bottom and install the brass cap on the threaded part with some RTV to keep it from leaking.

I actually used JB Weld to plug mine off. I somehow kept accidentally opening the valve a bit, I couldn`t figure why there was always small drops of oil on my garage floor and my vac was a little low (it was 20, not 22 in. like it normally is at idle).

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member
do people usually make 2 of these one for the passenger side and one for the driver side?

I just have a air filter into the passenger side valve cover and the driver side is untouched.

Last edited:

9935todd

Established Member
Has anyone thought about attaching a small hose to the drain in the bottom of the bowl and running it down beside the engine? Just leave the drain open and let it drip out as it builds up? Just an idea....any thoughts?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Has anyone thought about attaching a small hose to the drain in the bottom of the bowl and running it down beside the engine? Just leave the drain open and let it drip out as it builds up? Just an idea....any thoughts?

You couldn't do that because it will cause a vac leak, and I don't think you would want that mess on your under carriage. That's if you leave it open all the time. Just as easy to take it off and drain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread