Make your own 93 Cobra floormats?

PJM99

Established Member
yeah, thanks for the effort. Hopefully it will all work out.

~Ray~

Established Member
Don't Stop, if there going to do it let em, I'm just telling you If you can get someone to make some Cobra mats that look like the origionals do it or give me there # so I can ;)

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I got the first 2 sets today.

Good news. Logo lettering is in the correct spot and looks as it should.

Bad news.. As Ray mentioned the 'bedding' where the cobra logo goes is not as it should be to like the OEM mat. Also either the gray mats are slightly a 'shade' off or my mats have turned a little through the years that I have had them stuck in the closet.

Good news part 2....showed them how the OEM mat was done and the customer service manager told me that she thought that was the way they had done them in the past. She took high res pics of my mat to send to the plant supervisor. I told her if they do them RIGHT that ACC will make a large amount money from us over the next year or from now on. I'll have the 2nd round of mats the first part of next week.

Guys, its looking very positive. If this goes through, I will personally inspect every mat that leaves my possession to make sure it is right. So if you see a 2nd round of tape on the box, that is from me.

I will post up pics of the 'sample' set of mats I received today in a little bit

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Blacklogo.jpg

Black mat.jpg

OEM mat vs repro. They are more closely color matched then what this pic shows. (pic was taken under fluorescant light and camera flash, so it did something funky with the color)

ReproVSoem.jpg

logo comparison

IMG_2951.jpg

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I think once the bedding is fixed in the logo, everybody will be pleased with the results.

Critiquing welcome

svtdriven

Established Member
WOW! Almost there! that's great! I don't know if they could match the striped look of the bedding, but if they could match the overall shape of it, I'd be happy.

Last edited:

onequickgt

Established Member
floormats

Wow!!! They Look Great To Me!! Count Me IN For A Set! What Do You Think They Will Cost For A Set???

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I am going to sale them $99.95+shipping. This is for 4 mats (for front/rear) with the front mats receiving the logos.

I think ACC's pricing is around $125 for the set

~Ray~

Established Member
Hey is there some better mats you can use ?

Them mats are shaped real funny, there real round & curve too far in, also what's the deal on the grey color, are you sure these are Opal Grey as they don't look nothing like the real color, they actually look a greyish purple ?

arods93snake

1 of 185
Established Member
Hey Lee,

I think they look great as is! Great job! I am in, but I have been in since the idea was put forth! Heck, I will take a set now as is for the cost your requesting but I will still like to wait to see how far they can replicate the originals. Again, great job!!!! When you get set up let us know! :pepper:

Arod

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
~Ray~ said:
Hey is there some better mats you can use ?

Them mats are shaped real funny, there real round & curve too far in, also what's the deal on the grey color, are you sure these are Opal Grey as they don't look nothing like the real color, they actually look a greyish purple ?

sorry man, that is the best I can do. That is as close as it gets. If you order replacement carpet from anybody, that is the color you will get.

These sets I am making are for people who need some they don't care about so to speak. They can throw these in and keep their OEM mats put up for shows or whatever but still have a mat that looks close to OEM

Ray if you are looking for a 100% match, that isn't going to happen. (which will help those with good OEM mats retain value)

PJM99

Established Member
good enough for the girls I go with. Put me down for a set. Worse case, they will make a nice beater mat.

~Ray~

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
sorry man, that is the best I can do. That is as close as it gets. If you order replacement carpet from anybody, that is the color you will get.

These sets I am making are for people who need some they don't care about so to speak. They can throw these in and keep their OEM mats put up for shows or whatever but still have a mat that looks close to OEM

Ray if you are looking for a 100% match, that isn't going to happen. (which will help those with good OEM mats retain value)

Don't get me wrong there awesome :bowdown:

Way better than the ones I had made, yours actually have the grey down on em "though not squared but round" but if you can get that squared away I'll buy 3 sets ;)

BTW: I got New Origionals ;)

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
~Ray~ said:
Way better than the ones I had made, yours actually have the grey down on em "though not squared but round" but if you can get that squared away I'll buy 3 sets ;)

You know, I have been thinking about that this morning. In a way I wished I would have told them to leave them round (they may anyhow, I don't know).
Reason for that is so that true enthusiaist would know they are repro and not OEM. It would really piss me off if somebody bought a set from me and resold them claiming to be NOS mats. That's not why I am doing this.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Lee, I'd suggest some type of permanent logo on the BACK of the mat. DSP comes to mind. A sewn tag or something like that that won't be seen unless you pick the mats up. It could be sewn in on the edge. Also remember, they don't have Ford part numbers on them, so hopefully someone isn't dumb enough to buy a ford part without a ford part number.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
~Ray~ said:
No I meant get them to make em squared "not round".

yeah I know what you meant :thumbsup:

Just wondering how close to OEM I should have them. Like I mentioned, I don't want somebody reselling claiming that they are NOS

Users who are viewing this thread