Make your own 93 Cobra floormats?

PJM99

Established Member
I've been thinking about this for sometime now. Why couldn't we just get some floormats made for our cars. I mean, if you go through ACC or Llyods mats you can get floormats that are OEM size, cut and color. I would then find an embroidery shop that could embroider the Cobra logo right on the mats. What do you guys think? If I could find a shop to do it, would anyone be interested?

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I have already thought about this. The problem is the cobra logo is copyright protected and if you publicly advertised them you would get in big trouble with Ford.

Nobody will notice the difference if you use them for your own personal vehicle though ;-)

PJM99

Established Member
I have no intentions on making a profit. Whatever it costs, is what everyone will pay. I don't want any copyright problems, so lets keep it between us. If we can get a strong commitment from enough people, I may be able to get a shop willing to do it.

The biggest issue is that no one has a machine that can go through the rubber backing of the floormat. That is why I want to use Llyods Mats. They have a Woven polypropylene backing. I think the would be able to work with that.

Llyods mats are NOT cheap though. My 1985 Audi 4000 quattro still has the original mats from when it was new and they are Llyod mats. The car has about 140K miles on it and the mats are still in great shape and they've been in the car since day one. They are pretty high quality IMO. I've been waiting to order a set for my Cobra but I've been holding off I'm not sure which color would work best to match the opal grey (see color chart link below). Black should be pretty straight forward for those of you with black interior.

I guess the best I can do now, since I'm not really good at planning things like this, is to get a set for myself, find a shop to copy the logo on the original mats and sew them onto the Llyods.

http://www.lloydmats.com/ultimat_features2.htm

http://www.lloydmats.com/ultimat_colors_greys.htm

ACC makes a decent floormat too, but they're rubber backed.

http://www.accmats.com/

arods93snake

1 of 185
Established Member
PJM99 said:
I have no intentions on making a profit. Whatever it costs, is what everyone will pay. I don't want any copyright problems, so lets keep it between us. If we can get a strong commitment from enough people, I may be able to get a shop willing to do it.

The biggest issue is that no one has a machine that can go through the rubber backing of the floormat. That is why I want to use Llyods Mats. They have a Woven polypropylene backing. I think the would be able to work with that.

Llyods mats are NOT cheap though. My 1985 Audi 4000 quattro still has the original mats from when it was new and they are Llyod mats. The car has about 140K miles on it and the mats are still in great shape and they've been in the car since day one. They are pretty high quality IMO. I've been waiting to order a set for my Cobra but I've been holding off I'm not sure which color would work best to match the opal grey (see color chart link below). Black should be pretty straight forward for those of you with black interior.

I guess the best I can do now, since I'm not really good at planning things like this, is to get a set for myself, find a shop to copy the logo on the original mats and sew them onto the Llyods.

http://www.lloydmats.com/ultimat_features2.htm

http://www.lloydmats.com/ultimat_colors_greys.htm

ACC makes a decent floormat too, but they're rubber backed.

http://www.accmats.com/

I am in! Put me down for a pair of Black ones! Heck, if the price is right, put me down for two of them!!!! I have a set of grey ones but I need black and I am not about to pay $400+ for a set. That money could be much better spent! :)

PJM99

Established Member
Okay, I guess I'll see what I can do. I have a NOS set of regular Mustang opal grey non-cobra mats that I was going to see if they could do something with but I'm going to get a set of Llyods. I'll keep you guys posted. Probably wont do anything until after the holidays though.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I would be in on it. I would pay $200-$250 for a set that was color correct and looked just like the originals. Need Grey also.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
93_Snake said:
I would be in on it. I would pay $200-$250 for a set that was color correct and looked just like the originals. Need Grey also.

Damn. I should have had few extras made a year or so ago.

AND No, I cannot get another fake set

PJM99

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:

How did you have some made?

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:

Tell us how you had the fake ones made so we can do it ourselves. :pepper:

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
Im waiting to see what the charge would be for repo's

Mine are 100% perfect, but I keep these huge rubber floor mats over then to keep them that way

I wouldnt mind having a OEM looking mat that I could not give a damn about there

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
PJM99 said:
How did you have some made?

Tell us how you had the fake ones made so we can do it ourselves

I USED to have an acquaintence that had one of his floormat suppliers with a pattern that was exact to our OEM mats. I bought a set from him that I use for daily driver duties and have an actual OEM set for the occasions I put my car in a show.

Things went sour between us earlier this year and I cannot get them anymore.

Tell you what guys, as soon as I get some time (after the holidays) I will see about going to ACC (all of their plants are here locally) and see if there is a snowball's chance in hell that I can get some actual ford part # mats stitched with our correct logo

Users who are viewing this thread